The Student Room Group

AS Official Edexcel 1 Psychology Unit 1: Social and Cognitive Psychology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beth000
Yeh so did I!! There was only two 8 markers in the specimen aswell so I thought they'd keep it the same! I didn't even know what I was writing about for the 12 marker aha my 8 marker answers were longer then the 12 marker one 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I can't believe they had so many. I still have red marks on my hand from writing. I think I read the 12 marker / answered it wrong. I just spoke purely about quantitative data and qualitative data and then did a strength and weakness of both, and linked to a study once, and a messy conclusion. I just couldn't answer or read it properly as I was down to five minutes when I got onto that question. Ugh. I'm probably going to end up re-sitting. I'm really hoping biological and learning will be easier, and less 8 markers.
Original post by VittoriaAnna
How can you be expected to get half the marks from describing a study when the question says evaluate??

for all the 8 markers, you have to describe and then evaluate even though it says evaluate. Its been introduced with the new spec :smile:
Original post by clucky_chick
Yeah, I can't believe they had so many. I still have red marks on my hand from writing. I think I read the 12 marker / answered it wrong. I just spoke purely about quantitative data and qualitative data and then did a strength and weakness of both, and linked to a study once, and a messy conclusion. I just couldn't answer or read it properly as I was down to five minutes when I got onto that question. Ugh. I'm probably going to end up re-sitting. I'm really hoping biological and learning will be easier, and less 8 markers.

I did this too!! I didn't even get what the question was asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sgp0910
What question are you talking about?! I don't remember doing this...

all the 8 markers
Original post by alkaline.
I'm certain I got like 3/8 on two of the 8 markers and like 5 on other... I couldn't even conclude i'm really woried.
I made some points for the 12 marker ngl I did that in the middle of the paper.

Sitting here praying for all the AO1 and some AO3 marks :crossedf::nopity:
Original post by beth000
I did this too!! I didn't even get what the question was asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, hopefully a lot of people will be the same then, and we should get a little bit of credit. It was confusing. I was used to describing a theory or something. I just didn't know what to write for the different types of data and started waffling a definition.
Original post by chescawhyte
for all the 8 markers, you have to describe and then evaluate even though it says evaluate. Its been introduced with the new spec :smile:

What the hell... We did not get told this haha! So can you give an example of one of the questions on the paper which we were meant to do this for? That's so weird
Original post by Sgp0910
What the hell... We did not get told this haha! So can you give an example of one of the questions on the paper which we were meant to do this for? That's so weird

So when it said evaluate sheriffs study you spend 4 marks on briefly outlining/describing the study and then another 4 marks on evaluating
Reply 128
Original post by alice97
Thanks, these are amazing!
Anyone have any predictions for the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by lizzie97
Are you doing edexcel AS psychology?

Original post by fatima1998
this is great website for AS psychology http://www.psychologywizard.net/ :top:

In case you guys may have not known, Technocrat Notes have recently released their app for the apple app store. just click the link to get it.

Now on Apple App store and Google play - The Technocrat Notes App

Appstore

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/technocrat-notes/id1111953817?ls=1&mt=8

Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Technocratnotes.a pp&hl=en_GB
Is the an unofficial mark scheme ?!
Reply 130
Original post by Fayecatherine12
Is the an unofficial mark scheme ?!

ask this woman. she might have them or know someone who does.

https://twitter.com/Findlotte
Is there a thread for unit 2?
To those doing a resit on the old spec, is there a thread for unit 3 and 4? :smile:
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Hated it :laugh: It was easy enough to answer but I hated how it took up so much of the paper, I didn't really revise the evidence of practice much at all

Yeah it was just weird...
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
To those doing a resit on the old spec, is there a thread for unit 3 and 4? :smile:

Can't find one :frown: let me know if you find one x
Do you think it's worth attempting Psychology or Biology A Level in one year? (Alongside two other A2s)

My school doesn't offer Psychology but I could self teach it in my frees, getting a biology teacher to help me with the science modules/ potentially mark a few past papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone say any other questions that were in the new spec test that haven't been included here?
Original post by alice97
I'm retaking the entire A-level whilst also working full time. 😳😩 It's not going great haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can do it!!!:smile: If you have any problems, just ask! We're here to help!!!^^
Hi Nick

Do you by any chance have any SOW for the new Edexcel Psychology
As level course? I am desperate! Much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending