Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend were texting and he asked me if I was in a relationship to which I said no. He kept asking really weird questions about my relationships and even asked if I was into anybody at the minute and who were they. I told him because I didn't really care if he knew and I was thinking about how strange he was being when he suddenly said to me that he used to be into me before our conversation just there and he doesn't like me anymore...

I was really shocked at this because it almost came out of nowhere and also how he was just like: 'yeah, I don't like you anymore'. I don't like him but I thought we were good friends. He has been texting me to reply to his text where he said that he liked me but doesn't anymore but I really don't know what to say and I'm a bit freaked out. I know I shouldn't be but it's just the way he said all of that and is now being rude to me to reply. How should I act and talk to him now!?

ReputationRep:
    He probably still likes you, he only said he doesn't anymore because you said you like somebody else. He's being a child. He probably wants you to respond to see if you ever feel the same way or if you'd consider him in light of what he's just said.

ReputationRep:
    Well you don't like him and he says he no longer likes you, so what's the issue? He's clearly lying in order to save his pride, but you just need to act as if it doesn't matter if he likes you, because he was incredibly rude for no reason. He's acting immature and childish.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.