Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Issues that University Students Could Help Solve? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What sort of issues or problems (global and local) could uni students get together and help solve/reduce?

ReputationRep:
    A rubix cube.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CareerVet)
    What sort of issues or problems (global and local) could uni students get together and help solve/reduce?
    Are you looking for ideas or asking someone to do your homework?

ReputationRep:
    The cost of jagerbombs.

Mark up of computer printing prices.

Effectiveness of proplus versus red bull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Are you looking for ideas or asking someone to do your homework?
    No not for homework, it's merely out of interest and how students could help the world a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Effectiveness of proplus versus red bull.
    Red bull mixed with crushed proplus is the way to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Red bull mixed with crushed proplus is the way to go.
    I can imagine the crash coming down from that is akin to the meteor that killed the dinosaurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    I can imagine the crash coming down from that is akin to the meteor that killed the dinosaurs.
    I wouldn't know, I normally fall asleep before it wears off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yea standing up for all free speech and not needing to be protected from everything that might upset them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    No not for homework, it's merely out of interest and how students could help the world a little.
    Given you've got a lot of half arsed responses I thought I'd dump a bunch of links at you if this is something you're interested in.

Firstly http://hefce.unltd.org.uk/c_2_Studen...%20Graduates_0 has a bunch of case studies of social entrepreneur setups started by groups of students (or individuals) - there's a whole range of different ideas and these are just the ones that got nominated for this specific set of awards.

See if your student union has a society for volunteering locally

See if your university careers service has a system where you and some friends can work on a project for local small businesses or charities

Have a look to see if your uni has a branch of http://www.aiesec.co.uk/students/

The NUS and student politics is worth looking into - although I warn you if you're looking for directly improving things both tend to be inclined towards navel gazing and talking shops rather than positive actions and intevention.

Students - like the rest of society - tend to split up into causes that matter or interest them rather than coalescing around a single movement....so it might be a case of you figuring out what you personally think needs attention/help and then finding out if there is already a student movement or group working on that. And if there isn't then starting something up

ReputationRep:
    They could solve the issue of a worrying number university students being little Hitlers, telling others what they can say and think, banning people they disagree with from speaking etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Given you've got a lot of half arsed responses I thought I'd dump a bunch of links at you if this is something you're interested in.

Firstly http://hefce.unltd.org.uk/c_2_Studen...%20Graduates_0 has a bunch of case studies of social entrepreneur setups started by groups of students (or individuals) - there's a whole range of different ideas and these are just the ones that got nominated for this specific set of awards.

See if your student union has a society for volunteering locally

See if your university careers service has a system where you and some friends can work on a project for local small businesses or charities

Have a look to see if your uni has a branch of http://www.aiesec.co.uk/students/

The NUS and student politics is worth looking into - although I warn you if you're looking for directly improving things both tend to be inclined towards navel gazing and talking shops rather than positive actions and intevention.

Students - like the rest of society - tend to split up into causes that matter or interest them rather than coalescing around a single movement....so it might be a case of you figuring out what you personally think needs attention/help and then finding out if there is already a student movement or group working on that. And if there isn't then starting something up
    Thanks, that is amazing!
    Really helpful unlike the others

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.