Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    do we need to be able to draw a sketch map from memory????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello278910)
    do we need to be able to draw a sketch map from memory????
    Not of Lancashire, we'll be given the map and booklet. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabelle12345)
    Im hearing different ways in how we read the graphs, is it that P2 energey consumption was 155,000 or 155,000,000...?
    larger one

ReputationRep:
    For the fieldwork are we expected to describe how we would analyse our collected data?

ReputationRep:
    I know it may sound a bit stupid - but do we need to bring the map and AIB to the exam tmr?

ReputationRep:
    how do you answer the ''compare figure p1 andfigure p2'' questions? please answer

ReputationRep:
    are we expected to know the equations for man whitney and chi squared tests???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zacharylhw)
    I know it may sound a bit stupid - but do we need to bring the map and AIB to the exam tmr?
    We should be provided with blank copies

ReputationRep:
    my teacher said we didnt need chi squared

ReputationRep:
    What sampling methods did people use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica Starfell)
    Tonnes just means you x1000 to get 155000000, but its not nessesary to convert tbh
    wait so could you just say 150 million tonnes oil equivalent rather than 150000 thousand tonnes ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hesterrose)
    are we expected to know the equations for man whitney and chi squared tests???
    I remembered my teaching saying we would be given the equation. But I am not 100% certain about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Domers_)
    For the fieldwork are we expected to describe how we would analyse our collected data?
    I think it is not necessary according to the mark scheme of the zigzag practice paper. But i think it's good to put in if you've got time.

ReputationRep:
    how do we even do mann whitney or chi squared with this? can someone please please explain? like what type of data would they give??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abluejayms)
    'There is a strong anti fracking movement in Lancashire. To what extent do you think their objections are justified'

Somebody help
    Several Lancashire based groups, including the Roseacre Awareness Group and the Preston New Road Action Group oppose fracking for a number of reasons, including the impacts of noise pollution, which could lead to disruption within the lives of local community members and eventually to decreases in property value in communities such as Roseacre, where fracking will take place. Noise pollution is raised as a concern by Mike Hill in Item 6. Additionally, other negative impacts which may deter people from supporting fracking include the perception that some of the chemicals used in fracking “might be linked to increased cancer levels and birth defects” (Item 6), which was a debate sparked by a report by the Environmental Working Group. Furthermore, fracking’s link to tremors, such as those caused in Blackpool (2011) have sparked fears over the increased likelihood of seismic activity.
    However, it is arguable that the concerns raised by these groups are invalid due to Cuadrilla’s efforts to combat negative community impacts; for example, at Roseacre Wood, 88 seisometers would be installed in order to monitor seismic activity (Item 5). In addition to this, the earthquakes which have occurred in the UK previously thought to be a result of fracking were not significant tremors; the highest of the two quakes reached 2.3 on the richter scale, compared to the largest recorded UK earthquake since the 1980s, which occurred in Lincolnshire reaching a magnitude of 5.2. As for cancer-causing chemicals, the Environment Agency (EA) has reviewed the chemicals used within the Cuadrilla fracking process as companies are obliged to disclose such information, contrary to Mike Hill’s claims in Item 6; furthermore, the mission statement of the EA is to ensure environmental sustainability throughout development, which includes looking after people’s health and ensuring water safety. Therefore, Cuadrilla would have not been allowed to continue with their fracking campaign if their fracking process was deemed harmful. Cuadrilla also aim to build access tracks in order to limit the noise pollution of traffic to the Roseacre site.

not sure if this answers the question accurately enough but it's worth a shot??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zacharylhw)
    I think it is not necessary according to the mark scheme of the zigzag practice paper. But i think it's good to put in if you've got time.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking as the AIB doesn't specifically tell us to present/analyse data

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if yasminah is a reliable source, I take it she is because of Mike Hill's false statements but I need some evidence and the website given on the resource booklet asks me to log in for some website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJO97)
    Does anyone know if yasminah is a reliable source, I take it she is because of Mike Hill's false statements but I need some evidence and the website given on the resource booklet asks me to log in for some website
    she has a ba and phd in town and regional planning, i think, and now she's a lecturer at UCL, which is why her item focuses largely on social/community aspects, i think, but she's pretty qualified so i'd say she's a reliable source

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomicmat)
    Yeah true - I just know that it's rather reliable because it's The Guardian haha!
    You might want to look into the authors of this letter as Cuadrilla is one of the signatories I think which obviously means there is some bias

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole12345)
    wait so could you just say 150 million tonnes oil equivalent rather than 150000 thousand tonnes ????
    Yeah, i think we can just write 155 million rather than all of the zeros!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.