Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive been looking all evening and can find no solid notes about cuadrilla!

Does anyone know what they are doing to reduce the risks/impacts of what they are doing?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarypops)
    well it was rejected, say why.

what they changed when appealed

whats currently going on
    Am I right in thinking it was rejected due to noise pollution and traffic? What have they changed when they appealed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pterofyre)
    Yup. I have my biology f214 exam in the afternoon so I'm focusing more on that.

At the end of the day we have an entire booklet to use, if you can't use the booklet you're kinda stuffed (fieldwork planning aside of course)

I never want to see another geography exam after this year - I've done the entire A-level in a year. If I come out with an A or an A* (based on how the last 3 exams have gone) I'll probably breakdown and cry lmao.
    Oh man, bio is mega difficult, so good luck with that!! Yes its true, I'm mainly worrying about having to include lots of extra stuff thats not in the booklet to access higher marks i agree, I've had enough of geog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarypops)
    well it was rejected, say why.

what they changed when appealed

whats currently going on
    traffic concerns (no details that's all I can find)

they changed nothing they are just appealing to an inspector working for the secretary of state who has the final decision now since it has greater implications for the nation over Lancashire Council according to the government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AslAbb)
    Am I right in thinking it was rejected due to noise pollution and traffic? What have they changed when they appealed?
    The appeal is the same as far as I know but now it's the decision of the secretary of state rather than the council who has sent an inspector to make a recommendation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AslAbb)
    it was indeed, they have said they will put in a 428m road to avoid a town

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reuben_malachi)
    is anyone else going to be winging this exam a bit too? :afraid:
    pretty much, only part I feel you can prepare for properly at all is the Fieldwork

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_J)
    How does everyone know Mike Hill's statements are false??
    Basically a webpage reported that Mike Hill lives in the Fylde and was up for election and wanted to brown nose the anti-fracking locals.
    The same source also said his "consultation" with the DECC was false.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexSarker)
    Basically a webpage reported that Mike Hill lives in the Fylde and was up for election and wanted to brown nose the anti-fracking locals.

Good luck!

he said they dont disclose the chemicals but they do its a law

ReputationRep:
    What are the methods Cuadrilla is undertaking other than those stating in item 5? What changes did they make to their proposal after the first time the council rejected the application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexSarker)

Good luck!
    Thank you so much!
    Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any idea if there is a relationship between fracking and CCS i.e can emissions from fracking be used for CCS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calbrad140)
    pretty much, only part I feel you can prepare for properly at all is the Fieldwork
    Yeah thats the same with me. So there's a fieldwork question in every paper then, so its a definite?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats the same with me. So there's a fieldwork question in every paper then, so its a definite?
    Apparently this is the first time in ages they've put in an extra section for fieldwork, so you can assume it'll definitely be asked about otherwise what was the point of adding it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_J)
    Apparently this is the first time in ages they've put in an extra section for fieldwork, so you can assume it'll definitely be asked about otherwise what was the point of adding it
    right ok, how long is the fieldwork section, is it just 1 question for like 10/15 marks ish?? thank you btw

ReputationRep:
    I would be highly surprised if there wasn't. otherwise why would they wouldn't give such detail about what should be included.

I imagine the questions will include what sampling method you would use, and what's good/bad about it. and maybe some examples of questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calbrad140)
    I would be highly surprised if there wasn't. otherwise why would they wouldn't give such detail about what should be included.

I imagine the questions will include what sampling method you would use, and what's good/bad about it. and maybe some examples of questions.
    ah yes i see, thank you for your help, and good luck for tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KGNines)
    Anyone have any idea if there is a relationship between fracking and CCS i.e can emissions from fracking be used for CCS?
    Well a fracking site flares gas creating co2 and there's also all the cars driving in also producing co2 alongside the drilling equipment BUT I wouldn't say the relationship is overly strong. When CCS is mentioned in item 2 it's mostly to do with coal plants and that's what I've read it's the most helpful for but obviously research into it helps most production.
    Shame the government cut their billion pound grant on it.....

ReputationRep:
    (not sure if this is in the 4b spec because i'm doing 4a)
    can anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of GIS to me?

ReputationRep:
    What questions/sampling methods are you doing for the fieldwork part? So stumped on this!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.