Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexSarker)
    Well a fracking site flares gas creating co2 and there's also all the cars driving in also producing co2 alongside the drilling equipment BUT I wouldn't say the relationship is overly strong. When CCS is mentioned in item 2 it's mostly to do with coal plants and that's what I've read it's the most helpful for but obviously research into it helps most production.
    Shame the government cut their billion pound grant on it.....
    What exactly is flaring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spa55)
    (not sure if this is in the 4b spec because i'm doing 4a)
    can anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of GIS to me?
    sorry this is geog 4b so can't really help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spa55)
    (not sure if this is in the 4b spec because i'm doing 4a)
    can anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of GIS to me?
    I've never even heard of that term I doubt anyone here can help you. Isn't there a 4a thread?

ReputationRep:
    With reference to your own research and specific examples, comment on how the issue of fracking isbeing reported in the media?

How would everyone attempt this question?

ReputationRep:
    So what is the difference between tax in the UK and USA and how does this make fracking cheaper in the USA? Also where are the rocks more heavily faulted and why does that make it more expensive in the USA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarypops)
    he said they dont disclose the chemicals but they do its a law
    They don't need disclose it to the general public, or they can chose not to, by law. but Cuadrilla has disclosed their chemiscals on their website and the EA have confimred it

ReputationRep:
    On one mark scheme it mentioned sampling points for fieldwork section. What exactly are these?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AslAbb)
    With reference to your own research and specific examples, comment on how the issue of fracking isbeing reported in the media?

How would everyone attempt this question?
    Maybe mention the antifracking movement on websites such as Frackoff?
    Mention the support by the Conservative government

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AslAbb)
    On one mark scheme it mentioned sampling points for fieldwork section. What exactly are these?
    the specific grid references where you want to sample

ReputationRep:
    What sampling techniques/questions would everyone use if asked? And any chance of calculations coming up?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me the dates of application or decisions in Roseacre wood and preston road site? i'm looking at different websites and they give me different dates so i'm a bit confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czj1997)
    Can anyone tell me the dates of application or decisions in Roseacre wood and preston road site? i'm looking at different websites and they give me different dates so i'm a bit confused
    I'm pretty sure they were both rejected, but Cuadrilla have made an appeal and the result of that will come out on July 4th I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czj1997)
    http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/council...ancashire.aspx

ReputationRep:
    anyone wanna do me a quick summary of conflicting interest groups plssss???

ReputationRep:
    What type of sampling is making 0-1 mile, 1-2 mile and 2-3 miles radius zones from the selected site??
    Is it stratified or systematic and why??

ReputationRep:
    Well that's me off to bed.

Good luck all with BS'ing the exam, don't forget the AIB and the grid references

ReputationRep:
    1-have cuadrilla changed anything since last June to mitigate fracking issues?

2- how do you structure a 10 marker and 15 marker and how long should they be?

Thanks! Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    how likely do you think it is that we will be asked to pick an area out of roseacre and Preston new road and pick and explain why we think a particular site is best for fracking?

ReputationRep:
    can someone give me an exmaple of some open and closed questions we can use in the survey?
    i'm thinking closed:
    1) Are you for or against the proposed fracking site in your area
    2) Are you happy with how the fracking company intends to go about their fracking?

open:
    1) how will this proposed fracking site affect you personally

ReputationRep:
    also what are the advantages/reasons for including questions such as what age category do you fit into and what is your gender in a survey as they do not directly contribute to investigating hypothesis?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.