The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 4B Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

kill me.
What is a good example hypothesis for the investigation?
Original post by Oliver1997
What is a good example hypothesis for the investigation?

Hypothesis: The residents who live closer to the proposal site will be more informed and concerned about hydraulic fracturing in the local area than the residents living further away.
Did the council reject both Roseacre and Preston new road? Because the Zigzag says they accepted Preston new road but rejected Roseacre?
Reply 524
Original post by Lavender26
Did the council reject both Roseacre and Preston new road? Because the Zigzag says they accepted Preston new road but rejected Roseacre?

I thought they rejected exploration at both but they approved monitoring in roseacre
Original post by oa98
I thought they rejected exploration at both but they approved monitoring in roseacre

So roseacre is approved for monitoring? What is the differences between monitoring and exploration? Aren't they the same thing?
Good luck everyone~!
I thought that exam was pretty easy, what about you guys?
That exam was okay but the first question soo confusing, what does it mean by 'issues facing electricity generation industry by the period to 2030.'???
I thought it was a good combination of questions... The question about Cuadrillas plans was very open however not that difficult.
What does everyone else think?
Original post by Language student
That exam was okay but the first question soo confusing, what does it mean by 'issues facing electricity generation industry by the period to 2030.'???

I just quoted from Item 1 in the booklet and how the total amount of electricity used in 1970 is greater than we will be using in 2030. I also mentioned how the methods of producing energy is changing due to many things such as costs and privatisation.
I (stupidly) left the first question to the end and spent five mins just frantically writing anything down.
Pretty sure I wrote that the future of nuclear energy in the UK is at risk due to the EU referendum because most of the companies running them are European!!! 🙈

It was a decent exam though

Posted from TSR Mobile
The 1st question threw most people off at my college, including me. But other than that is was a reasonably good paper imo.
Original post by Oliver1997
I just quoted from Item 1 in the booklet and how the total amount of electricity used in 1970 is greater than we will be using in 2030. I also mentioned how the methods of producing energy is changing due to many things such as costs and privatisation.

I wrote about advantages and disadvantages of nuclear and renewables, losing power during transmission therefore fracking be a better option... what I wrote is so wrong...
Original post by oddlydrawnpotato
I (stupidly) left the first question to the end and spent five mins just frantically writing anything down.
Pretty sure I wrote that the future of nuclear energy in the UK is at risk due to the EU referendum because most of the companies running them are European!!! 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I just left the first questions because it throw me off, when I finish the other questions I had 15minutes left and I just rambled alot for it since I have no idea on what to what
Original post by oddlydrawnpotato

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I did this too. I left the first question until last which mean I had like 5 minutes to write something - so stressful!
For the first question i discusses unreliable renewable energy sources such as solar and wind, saying the also require great economic investment. solar i discusses nuclear energy and said about power plats near end of life cycles etc. natural gas such as those from fracking are unreliable due to approval. l about some more in detail, what do you guys think? i quoted some case studies and figures from the graphs too.
Original post by Dentistxo
Haha I did this too. I left the first question until last which mean I had like 5 minutes to write something - so stressful!

Yeah I ended uo copying half my answer from the booklet and after i looked back over it I don't think I answered it too well, loved the Cuadrilla question though (I did tell everyone the AIB only really asked for research into the UK and Cuadrilla, no need for entire case studies of America) and the study one at the end was perfect.
I thought it wasn't the best paper, two of the questions in the middle I thought were pretty similar! Both about attempts to improve fracking?? Anyone else think this?!
Reply 539
what the frack was that??

that was awful omggg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending