Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel sorry for brown / middle eastern people Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    If I say nobody does x, I don't mean not a single person ever. I mean people rarely do, Prince doesn't look black either he looks mixed.

I've had far more people confuse me for Asian than black, which probably makes sense considering I am equally the two. Maybe what qualifies as brown is different for you, but in Seychelles most people would consider someone like Chris Brown to be brown not black. As literal colour not race.

I've had more people even black teachers at school confuse me, for hmm, asian kids not other black kids.

Considering most black people don't have a hair type like mine.
    I'll read all of this and respond in full later, I really don't have time or care to do this right now. I'm just quoting so you don't go back to edit ****. Bye kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mall-cop)
    I'll read all of this and respond in full later, I really don't have time or care to do this right now. I'm just quoting so you don't go back to edit ****. Bye kid.
    Why would I edit anything? In my point of view, you've yet to make a single valid point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    so much for adopting the county where you are born, feeds you, looks after your health etc....

a perfect example of why multi culture country's are doomed to fail but perhaps this is why AM made the announcement she did

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11559451
    But again Queeny TSR isn't all about you (no matter how much you want to be).
    My levantine family have integrated well into german society,don't you worry about that just as I have in the UK

What are you even talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    My levantine family have integrated well into german society,don't you worry about that just as I have in the UK
    yes just one post before

'My mother always so herself as a Syrian first and foremost,just like I see myself as a Syrian.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    yes just one post before

'My mother always so herself as a Syrian first and foremost,just like I see myself as a Syrian.'
    Your point? doesnt mean she wasn't grateful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mall-cop)
    Ok, one thing actually, one of the people who said I looked like James Brown was you, so how does that count because you are Mango Peeler / Mrsjenner which is obvious.

Secondly, I have both black and brown features, having one form of ancestry doesn't make you solely that thing, despite you being some sort of black power activist.

I actually found a poll I made back when I was more on the edge about what my ethnicity was with a poll http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2165126 and as you can see it was the minority who saw things as you did.

I am part-black but that is not all that I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gucci Mane.)
    Brussel attacks probably means you guys have to stay indoors for next week whilst the heat cools off, otherwise its gonna be people on public transport giving you dirty looks and telling you to go back to your country
    Guys may give me dirty looks, but their birds will certainly give me their looks

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest, things have always been a bit **** for coloured folk in the UK. This country is massively racist but puts on a face, it's not even like this is the only country that is like that. Every conversation I seem to have with x random group of people at least half of them have something against folks adopting a different culture whilst living in the UK. It's just natural behaviour for humans on some level. These attacks will just be an excuse.

ReputationRep:
    I dont care i'l wear my backpack and my gym bag , lets face it no one would bomb my tube station.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.