Accommodation with a friend Watch

aqwas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
A friend of mine and I have been sent offers from King's. However, now we have to apply for accommodation. Since we would rather have single rooms if we can't be together in the same room how should we proceed ? Should we apply for a double/twin (not sure what the difference is) and write in the note that we would like to be together ? However, if the request is not approved can we still get single rooms although we have applied for a double/twin ?

Any answers would be of great help.
IfOnlyItWereEasy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Double- double bed you'd share
Twin- two single beds

As I do not go to Kings I'm not sure what their policy is.
Though I have been warned by second years 'do NOT live with your friends, you will end up hating them'

Are you applying to share a room for cost purposes, if not, could you not apply for single rooms and ask to be placed in the same flat? That way you would each have your own space you could have your own time in, but still share a kitchen and possibly a bathroom, and still be very close to each other.
Helloworld_95
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah don't live with friends, it's a good way to close yourself off as you're more likely to rely on that person and good friends don't always make good flatmates, which is a good way to end the friendship.
milliemogs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aqwas)
A friend of mine and I have been sent offers from King's. However, now we have to apply for accommodation. Since we would rather have single rooms if we can't be together in the same room how should we proceed ? Should we apply for a double/twin (not sure what the difference is) and write in the note that we would like to be together ? However, if the request is not approved can we still get single rooms although we have applied for a double/twin ?

Any answers would be of great help.
Would you really want to share a bedroom with someone? You will never have your own space.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
get separate rooms, you will definitely have habits which will drive each other mad and that's not a strain you want on the friendship
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed