Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dog died and I am absolutely heartbroken Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I got a call from my older sister a few minutes ago and she was crying on the phone. I asked her if she was ok and she told me that our 11 year old Samoyed, Icy died peacefully in her sleep about twenty minutes ago.

I had adopted the dog so I was very close to her but I didn't expect her to go so quickly. She was so happy and healthy yesterday when I saw her.

Anyway, I feel so lost and I don't know what to do at all. I haven't lost a pet for a few years now and I was very close to Icy so I am simply torn apart and I don't want to do anything but sit and cry.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    awwwww lovely ik how horrible it is to lose a pet <3 :lovehug: awhhh you don't deserve that xxx
    hope you are as ok as you can be gorgeous :penguinhug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    awwwww lovely ik how horrible it is to lose a pet <3 :lovehug: awhhh you don't deserve that xxx
    hope you are as ok as you can be gorgeous :penguinhug:
    She was basically one of the reasons why I got out of depression. I am going to miss her so much x
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    She was basically one of the reasons why I got out of depression. I am going to miss her so much x
    awwwh bless you and yes pets are very cathartic :hugs: have you thought about rescuing another one? ik it is soon but it kind of helps because their passing has enabled another pet to have a new home obviously it wouldn't be a replacement, just a legacy :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    So I got a call from my older sister a few minutes ago and she was crying on the phone. I asked her if she was ok and she told me that our 11 year old Samoyed, Icy died peacefully in her sleep about twenty minutes ago.

I had adopted the dog so I was very close to her but I didn't expect her to go so quickly. She was so happy and healthy yesterday when I saw her.

Anyway, I feel so lost and I don't know what to do at all. I haven't lost a pet for a few years now and I was very close to Icy so I am simply torn apart and I don't want to do anything but sit and cry.
    I'm sorry for your loss.

I felt like this when my baby parrots flew away. I know it's horrible to lose a pet. They are such loveable creatures.

You will feel better in time, but for now *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    awwwh bless you and yes pets are very cathartic :hugs: have you thought about rescuing another one? ik it is soon but it kind of helps because their passing has enabled another pet to have a new home obviously it wouldn't be a replacement, just a legacy :hugs:
    I don't think I want to adopt one straight away :/
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I don't think I want to adopt one straight away :/
    no ik and i get that :hugs: it is all a personal choice when/if you get another one x
    i just couldn't deal with not having any pigs and literally the day after they passed away we got the new ones, that wasn't intentional though, we had started the adoption thing 2 months earlier cos we were gonna get 2 others anyway (cos it takes ages omg ) and then it so happened that that was what happened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I'm sorry for your loss.

I felt like this when my baby parrots flew away. I know it's horrible to lose a pet. They are such loveable creatures.

You will feel better in time, but for now *hugs*
    Thanks M. x
    no ik and i get that :hugs: it is all a personal choice when/if you get another one x
    i just couldn't deal with not having any pigs and literally the day after they passed away we got the new ones, that wasn't intentional though, we had started the adoption thing 2 months earlier cos we were gonna get 2 others anyway (cos it takes ages omg ) and then it so happened that that was what happened
    I know but honestly, I feel like no dog (as much as I love dogs to bits) will ever replace her.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Thanks M. x

I know but honestly, I feel like no dog (as much as I love dogs to bits) will ever replace her.
    ik and they wont the ones i have now havent replaced my old ones at all, their little pictures are still on the walls and i still miss them loads, i just get comfort from the fact that the three little furry creatures in my front room would be homeless without my other two

ReputationRep:
    ik and they wont the ones i have now havent replaced my old ones at all, their little pictures are still on the walls and i still miss them loads, i just get comfort from the fact that the three little furry creatures in my front room would be homeless without my other two
    I think I'll wait for a while to get over today tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Had to go vets today, I would miss my dogs dearly I must say, my
    condolences for your loss
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad

I think I'll wait for a while to get over today tbh.
    agreed
    and yes do, personally i wouldn't really recommend getting them immediately afterwards, it just so happened that way by accident tbh and although i needed more if i had a choice i would have probably left it a while longer :hugs: xxx hope you will be ok x

ReputationRep:

Sometimes it's better to just show compassion for someone with no words, but a welcoming, concerned frown and open arms.

:hugwings:

ReputationRep:
    agreed
    and yes do, personally i wouldn't really recommend getting them immediately afterwards, it just so happened that way by accident tbh and although i needed more if i had a choice i would have probably left it a while longer :hugs: xxx hope you will be ok x
    Yeah me too. Thanks Cav xxx
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Sometimes it's better to just show compassion for someone with no words, but a welcoming, concerned frown and open arms.

:hugwings:
    Thank you x

ReputationRep:

Damn, can't believe this, we were talking about your samoyed just yesterday. RIP :console:

ReputationRep:
    Icy? Was he a pupsicle?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    :console: that sucks.

Grieve, do what you got to do, do things that usually make you feel happy... and over time it gets slightly easier.

ReputationRep:
    As a fellow Samoyed owner I dread to think what it must feel like. Our Samoyeds are the most, loving and friendly dogs. So sorry for your loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Damn, can't believe this, we were talking about your samoyed just yesterday. RIP :console:
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too. Thanks Cav xxx

Thank you x
    Yeah. I know how much I'd miss my wonderful dog if he went on my ass. So you have all my sympathy. It will take time but you will get through it. Good luck and best of wishes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.