Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Official Biology A Paper 2:Development,Plants and the Environment-7th of June Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    Anyone find themselves short of time?!! I missed out two four mark questions
    Which questions did you miss??

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for how many times is the eel egg larger? I got 320 something??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwalker141)
    Which questions did you miss??
    The last one that I have a feeling was about meiosis and genetic variation and I think the last part to question 6.

ReputationRep:
    The last one that I have a feeling was about meiosis and genetic variation and I think the last part to question 6.
    Did you get the 5 Mark question on natural selection done at the end of the paper? the last question.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get the 5 Mark question on natural selection done at the end of the paper? the last question.
    I didn't do the last question. I feel like my inability to write fast has cost me a decent grade Feel like I've let myself down so much!!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do the last question. I feel like my inability to write fast has cost me a decent grade Feel like I've let myself down so much!!
    There was so much before that though! Don't think so negative, the Sperm cell diagram and functions was a gift of 9 Marks!

ReputationRep:
    Who did the new spec biology ? Snab?

ReputationRep:
    There was so much before that though! Don't think so negative, the Sperm cell diagram and functions was a gift of 9 Marks!
    Thank you! I'm just annoyed as most of the paper I had wrote "kiddy" answers and had many periods of mind-block. I've definitely screwed this one up despite having worked so hard! I swear the questions from past papers of the old syllabus were more understandable as to what was being asked. But the questions in today's exam were almost subliminal!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'm just annoyed as most of the paper I had wrote "kiddy" answers and had many periods of mind-block. I've definitely screwed this one up despite having worked so hard! I swear the questions from past papers of the old syllabus were more understandable as to what was being asked. But the questions in today's exam were almost subliminal!!!
    I dont suppose you know if there was a question on polyspermy on the paper and if so where? One of my class mates mentioned it and I was stood there like erm... No there wasn't haha

ReputationRep:
    I dont suppose you know if there was a question on polyspermy on the paper and if so where? One of my class mates mentioned it and I was stood there like erm... No there wasn't haha
    There was a multiple choice 1 marker that asked the function of the cortical granules and I think the answer was to prevent polyspermy

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't the last question about the allele combinations of the gametes?! please don't tell me I left out a page haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sab311)
    How'd it go ?
    I think it went really well. Doing lots of past papers definitely helped as some very similar questions came up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren_dubai98)
    Wasn't the last question about the allele combinations of the gametes?! please don't tell me I left out a page haha
    I'm trying to think, I think there was the question on the eels from all the different countries and natural selection? Might not have been the last question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren_dubai98)
    you might not have being doing the same board as us. Our paper code is 6BIO2/01 if yours is not the same you did not miss out a page

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to think, I think there was the question on the eels from all the different countries and natural selection? Might not have been the last question.
    omg thank god okay I did do that question, what did you write for the one asking to explain the difference in distribution of mRNA and the protein?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Day)
    you might not have being doing the same board as us. Our paper code is 6BIO2/01 if yours is not the same you did not miss out a page
    Seeing as you done the same paper as me was there a question on polyspermy and if so where was it? Think I might have missed a question.

ReputationRep:
    Was there a question where you had to label a sperm cell????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy198)
    Was there a question where you had to label a sperm cell????
    Yeah there was, it was question 2, Im feeling really confused as I feel Ive done questions people haven't done.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as you done the same paper as me was there a question on polyspermy and if so where was it? Think I might have missed a question.
    i didn't see one. I am doing old spec resist so we might not have done the same paper. What is polyspermy?

ReputationRep:
    Omg I think I missed that out :/ did you actually have to draw a label to the diagram or was it the multiple choice one?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.