Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    I have no idea but definitely not about enzymes and mitosis

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, it did include topic about enzymes, the DNA amplification PCR...

ReputationRep:
    Indeed in my opinion, it can cover all the topics, eg clot formation, polysaccharide structure, mitosis stage in root tip etc...

ReputationRep:
    Praying pcr doesn't come up:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaaix_)
    Praying pcr doesn't come up:confused:
    if you want i can explain it to you

I'm a bit confused with validity??
    Could anyone explain and give me a list of examples

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we should be worried for unit 6! We just have to take the time to memorize and I think we'll be okay.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what experiment is likely to come up?
    Haha yea I'm doing a bit of good mathematical prediction at it and let you guys know in a day or two.. But i've an instinct that it's something related to fieldwork this time.. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorable98)
    I see, thank you! Just a quick question, how do you know if a variable is acting as a limiting factor?
    You don't! You just guess at it.. like in photosynthesis we know that light, water and CO2 concentration all affect the experiment. So, if you're doing an experiment to determine the best light intensity you may write in limitations part that there may another limiting factor acting (such as water or CO2 concentration)

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by number 4 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know how to explain but well if you're doing that antibiotic effectiveness experiment you could write that use more than one type of bacteria and repeat experiment (different strains of bacteria) b/c that antibiotic may be effective with only one type of bacteria.
    Secondly doing these experiments like study effect of light intensity/water blah blah on germination we could write use different type of seeds and repeat experiment.
    I'm sorry I can't really make it clear but I hope you understand! x)

ReputationRep:
    I realized why I felt so confident in unit 6 and none of you do, I was doing A level papers instead of IAL
    So I did my first IAL paper today and it's SO different it's made me feel really anxious for Thursday.
    Am I being silly or did anyone else find that difference?
    A level is so freaking easy compared to this IAL bs?????

ReputationRep:
    I realized why I felt so confident in unit 6 and none of you do, I was doing A level papers instead of IAL
    So I did my first IAL paper today and it's SO different it's made me feel really anxious for Thursday.
    Am I being silly or did anyone else find that difference?
    A level is so freaking easy compared to this IAL bs?????
    Haha it sure is, but there's not a major difference (Atleast I didn't feel it for unit 6)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimen.)
    Haha it sure is, but there's not a major difference (Atleast I didn't feel it for unit 6)
    I'm trusting you Aimen don't let me down:unimpressed:
    No but how many IAL past papers are there for unit 6?
    My teacher only gave us 2 in our booklet of past papers so I'm wondering if there only is 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimen.)
    I don't know how to explain but well if you're doing that antibiotic effectiveness experiment you could write that use more than one type of bacteria and repeat experiment (different strains of bacteria) b/c that antibiotic may be effective with only one type of bacteria.
    Secondly doing these experiments like study effect of light intensity/water blah blah on germination we could write use different type of seeds and repeat experiment.
    I'm sorry I can't really make it clear but I hope you understand! x)
    Ahh, yeah got yeah!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher only gave us 2 in our booklet of past papers so I'm wondering if there only is 2?
    I have from May 2010, check the edexcel website, you'll find the papers under the section 6B

ReputationRep:
    There are 11 unit 6b papers. You can download them from the edexcel website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have from May 2010, check the edexcel website, you'll find the papers under the section 6B
    (Original post by Chinu_Cheeku97)
    There are 11 unit 6b papers. You can download them from the edexcel website
    Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!
    It would be good if everyone shared about their predictions regarding question 3 unit6

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys manage "suggest" type of questions??

ReputationRep:
    Do you finish on time ? I am having a problem in managing my time and it always finishes with some parts unsolved!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No i dont finish unit 4 on time...

ReputationRep:
    Do you finish on time ? I am having a problem in managing my time and it always finishes with some parts unsolved!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I finish in an hour and then get bored for the rest half of an hour xD

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.