Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Fur is not fashion…It’s a death sentence
    Animal fur products...Who doesn’t love them? They feel soft, cosy and keep us warm during the cold winters and most importantly they look very stylish! But have you ever stopped and thought about the region of that the garment you like so much? Do you know the facts about that skin you’re wearing? Let me assure you they are not pretty ones!
    Imagine being pulled out of your dirty wired cage and someone puts a metal clamp in your mouth. A vaulting current is set surging through your body and your painfully skinned alive. Your body is then tossed into a pile, like a piece of garbage, with others who have suffered the same fate.
    This is the reality that thousands of animals face on a daily basis for their skin in the name of fashion. There’s a misconception that animals on fur farms are treated humanely, unfortunately, there’s nothing humane about the depriving animals of the behavioural and psychological needs. Fur farming is nothing more than an institutionalised torture! Do you know according to one of the leading animal rights organisation, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) more than 35 million animals die in fur farms around the world and eighty-five percent of the fur industry‘s skins come from animals who were captive on fur factory farms.
    Thousands of animals are killed for their fur every single day, these range from foxes, chinchillas, minks, and rabbits. These types of animals are held captive and spend their entire lives on fur farms in which they are confined to cramped and filthy cages. In these farms, fur farmers use the cheapest and cruellest killing methods available. Animals are poisoned, suffocated, electrocuted…the list goes on. What a ghastly image. Every year at least 6 million fur clothing items are sold…Only an idiot would spend over a £1000 on a fur coat which took away thousands of acquitted lives when they could’ve brought a faux fur coat which looks exactly the same!
    But hang on, why do people use fur anyway? What makes it so special? After considering all these facts which fool would ever look at fur the same way again without thinking of the brutality these cute little vulnerable animals face.
    I blame it on these celebrities who are supposed to be our so called ‘role models’, flaunting a part of an innocent animal around themselves thinking it makes them look glamourous, classy, chic, and wealthy. The media has its own huge, detrimental role to play by idolising celebrities such as Kanye West, Miley Cyrus and Madonna and praising them for their ‘fashion sense’; more like no sense. Clearly, people use fur just to feed their greedy appetite for fashion, giving the public the impression that wearing fur will make you look like a star but it just makes you a murderer I say!
    It is our job to be the voice of the voiceless, the voice of the oppressed and the voice of innocence. It is a brutal industry where the lives of many innocent animals are taken in the name of fashion. There is no point to making them suffer because fur is not an essential part of life. We should leave the animals be. We have our own skin, so why do we have to take theirs?
    Can you help me make this an A grade speech!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeydr)
    thousands of acquitted lives
    I'm not entirely sure acquitted is the correct word here, forgive me if i'm wrong.

Do you also know some background/additional information about the subject area?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.