Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS Level New Spec Official Edexcel Physics Paper 1: Core Physics I - 24th of May Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R1CH101)
    not too sure as I have the majority of questions on paper I do have some which I could sent to you if you want??
    yes please!!!

ReputationRep:
    Exams tomorrow, I'm really nervous! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rsoane101)
    Normally they fit it to a normal distribution so approx top 10-20% get an A, next 10-20% B next 10-20% C etc so a much harder paper shouldnt reduce grades by too much... main problem is that an exam thats much harder than what people are expecting can throw people off and the results could be a complte mess
    True

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khaddad)
    What do you do when you're failing physics because teachers are idiots and your friends are too scared to group up and address the situation to the head of department because they think our teachers will lower our predicted grades....
    We have the same problem at our school except our physics teacher IS the head of department.

ReputationRep:
    did you know unit 2 can come up in section b of the exam tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    any other specimen papers? for paper 1 of the new spec?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineeed4As)
    yes please!!!

i will upload the question in a minute i hope pictures of them will be ok as my scanner is not working but have you tried the revision guide i could let you use the online version they have some question in them

^
    sorry the questions aren't great quality but i guess its better than nothing
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf moment 1.pdf (337.0 KB, 145 views)
  2. File Type: pdf moment 3.pdf (233.2 KB, 134 views)
  3. File Type: pdf moments 1 -2-3 ans.pdf (432.5 KB, 89 views)
  4. File Type: pdf moment2.pdf (319.4 KB, 98 views)
  5. File Type: pdf momentum questions .pdf (505.3 KB, 125 views)
  6. File Type: pdf question1.pdf (480.4 KB, 162 views)

ReputationRep:
    i will upload the question in a minute i hope pictures of them will be ok as my scanner is not working but have you tried the revision guide i could let you use the online version they have some question in them
    Do you think i could use the paper from your revision guide please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helbol_)
    did you know unit 2 can come up in section b of the exam tomorrow?
    Yeah that's annoying, you have to know the rest of the specification well just for 20 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ovo424)
    Yeah that's annoying, you have to know the rest of the specification well just for 20 marks
    wtf is unit 2 questions coming for IAL too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oscarchow)
    Do you think i could use the paper from your revision guide please?
    ill send you the log in info through personal message

ReputationRep:
    ill send you the log in info through personal message
    thanks a lot!!

ReputationRep:
    In a projectile motion question where you can split it in to 2 stages, the vertical velocity at the peak is 0 right? and the initial horizontal velocity of stage 2 would be the final horizontal velocity of stage 1?

ReputationRep:
    Who else isn't feeling too great about tomorrow? 😖 I don't think I'm going to do too well, and it's my own fault, not enough revision. The worst part is that they could ask anything in section B....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skipper12345)
    Who else isn't feeling too great about tomorrow? 😖
    I'm not the best at physics but I have no idea how I'm not going to fail, a miracle will have to happen for me to pass this exam

(Original post by Hamadtype-)
    wtf is unit 2 questions coming for IAL too?
    Not too sure sorry

ReputationRep:
    Lads I need help with those:

Tough Material:
    Hard Material:
    I need to know their definitions based on mark schemes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamadtype-)
    Lads I need help with those:

Tough Material:
    Hard Material:
    I need to know their definitions based on mark schemes.
    If you're doing the new 2015 specification you don't need to know those definitions however if you are doing old 2008 spec i.e. retaking the exam you do.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck on your exam guys hopefully the grade boundaries for this exam are lowered however hard it is.

ReputationRep:
    ******** it for tomorrow!!! but I've done a lot of work so... hopefully I'll be ok

ReputationRep:
    Section B will cause me a lot of trouble but whatever, 20 marks... :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.