Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

Remember, an exam does not dictate your future. You have studied AS Physics for a year, so just concentrate and dig deep into those wells of knowledge.

You can do it!

ReputationRep:
    sadly I got distracted when thinking whether the *****y basketball hoop would topple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NisarKhan)
    Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

Remember, an exam does not dictate your future. You have studied AS Physics for a year, so just concentrate and dig deep into those wells of knowledge.

You can do it!
    NisarKhan is exactly right...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an unofficial mark Scheme?

(If you have I'd say you're a very efficent worker)

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well... Could have gone worse I suppose... But that was still an awful exam. I quite liked the questions, I suppose it was easy in that respect, but I just should have revised more efficiently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skipper12345)
    revised more efficiently.
    According to Pearson your (output energy)/(output energy) is your efficiency so if it makes you feel any better you were 100% fam

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that Physics is the only subject that I don't manage to answer every question? So frustrating because I know I would have completed everything if I got an extra 5 mins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ionic285)
    Why is it that Physics is the only subject that I don't manage to answer every question? So frustrating because I know I would have completed everything if I got an extra 5 mins
    Same, I had a few questions where I had to quickly finish it, probably got it wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... More time and I would have notice the stupid mistakes I made!! Like the one about calculating what the fluid was!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... More time and I would have notice the stupid mistakes I made!! Like the one about calculating what the fluid was!
    I realsied later that I messed up in the resistivity one, got the area wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    I realsied later that I messed up in the resistivity one, got the area wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh well! It will all be okay in the end, what's done is done!
    I got very confused on the efficiency one, as I had one value in energy and one in power, and had no time to convert. Now I think I realise.. Did you have to use P=FV?

ReputationRep:
    I got very confused on the efficiency one, as I had one value in energy and one in power, and had no time to convert. Now I think I realise.. Did you have to use P=FV?
    They gave Pd and Current, so you do P=VI I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The efficiency one, you know the velocity to be 0.4m/s so in 1 second it rises by 0.4mYou can use E=mgΔh to find out the energy (which if also the power) then P=VI (or something like that) and use the two powers to find efficiency

ReputationRep:
    The multiple choice was quite weird. That first question tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rsoane101)
    The efficiency one, you know the velocity to be 0.4m/s so in 1 second it rises by 0.4mYou can use E=mgΔh to find out the energy (which if also the power) then P=VI (or something like that) and use the two powers to find efficiency
    Ahhhh, I think I did it right then! That's good!! What fluid did you get that the student was using? Corn syrup?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the resit of the old spec? or does anyone know if there's a thread for it?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Easiest paper I've done in years. Glad I didn't waste time revising. Might aswell take my uni exams now. Piece of piss. Thought this was the GCSE, after reading the cover several times, apparently this is a level standard. I might aswell take all A levels, if they are that easy.
    Hope you guys didn't do too bad, you have always got next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will.frc)
    Easiest paper I've done in years. Glad I didn't waste time revising. Might aswell take my uni exams now. Piece of piss. Thought this was the GCSE, after reading the cover several times, apparently this is a level standard. I might aswell take all A levels, if they are that easy.
    Hope you guys didn't do too bad, you have always got next year.
    So what did you get for the moments one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else not have time to answer about half the paper....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 26, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.