Turn on thread page Beta

Should I mention that I dropped out of Uni before in my new personal statement? watch

ReputationRep:
    I dropped out of university in October 2014 due to various reasons, however I am now in the process of sending another application to a different university for a different course, should I make mention of me dropping out in my personal statement or not?

If I don't and they found out would I be penalized for it?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mention it in my new personal statement but you still have to declare it on your ucas form. It would also help if you could get your referee to mention it in their statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    I didn't mention it in my new personal statement but you still have to declare it on your ucas form. It would also help if you could get your referee to mention it in their statement.
    Where do I have to declare it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chromeeninja)
    Where do I have to declare it?
    in the education section, you'd put it as most recent even if you didn't gain any qualifications there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    in the education section, you'd put it as most recent even if you didn't gain any qualifications there
    Ah I see!! Thank you very much for your help!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Only mention it in your PS if you've got something positive to say about it. Otherwise let your referee talk about it.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.