Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i've got all my offers back and i'm really struggling to chose my firm choice.
    It's between Film Production at Gloucestershire and Film Practice at UAL (LCC).
    I don't know if I prefer the idea of living in London or Cheltenham more, and both the courses seem equally good to me and have given me the same offer so I'm really stuck! Could anyone who's on either of these courses or unis tell me about their experience and give me a hand? Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henrymcnendy)
    Hi i've got all my offers back and i'm really struggling to chose my firm choice.
    It's between Film Production at Gloucestershire and Film Practice at UAL (LCC).
    I don't know if I prefer the idea of living in London or Cheltenham more, and both the courses seem equally good to me and have given me the same offer so I'm really stuck! Could anyone who's on either of these courses or unis tell me about their experience and give me a hand? Cheers!
    Hi there,

First of all congrats on getting offers from both courses, thats amazing!
    Have you been on open days to both Universities? When i was searching for media courses I remember I got a feeling about the University of Gloucestershire and was almost jealous that the current students at the time had had all these opportunities they were talking about and I remember thinking "I wish I could have done that" or "I want to produce work even better than that". If you get that sort of feeling then that's usually a good sign.

Another thing I looked for was what experience did the academics have. Have they or do they still work in film? If they do that's usually a good sign because it means they might be able to offer you work experience or can put you in contact with their friends in the industry who can help you out. That is a really important thing to remember in the media industry is that you are always trying to build up your CV and make yourself as employable and desirable as possible, so that by the time you leave whichever university you are going to be able to find a job in whats quite a tough industry to break into.

I know that here at the University of Gloucestershire we have some incredible lecturers who work in the film and tv industry and the graduates they produce have gone on to have successful careers. So don't forget to look at what ex students are now doing because that can give you an insight into where you might be in a few years time.

Sorry I am only replying to this now, but if you need any help at all then please just comment again or message me. But honestly just go with your gut instinct and think which University are you more excited by.

Hope that helps,
    Jack

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.