Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Spec AS Level Edexcel Official Physics Paper 2: Core Physics II - 9th of June Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is the official thread for this unit. Please message me any resources you find useful and I will post them here to the original post.

Websites

www.technocratnotes.com I very much recommend you download their app it is quite awesome.

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/

http://cowenphysics.com/

further reading

https://www.newscientist.com/

ReputationRep:
    Notes on Practical Skills /How Science Works Questionshttp://technocratnotes.com/wp-conten...-questions.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any good ways of learning the Optics section from Unit 2? Having a hard time with it.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to anyone sitting the exam today.

ReputationRep:
    How did people find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukgjyhtrhv)
    How did people find it?
    I might scrape a U

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good. I made a few stupid mistakes though.

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the question about which lens to choose out of the four choices?

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the question about which lens to choose out of the four choices?
    I went diverging in order to make the virtual image, but was unsure about the focal length, so just guessed 100mm

ReputationRep:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    I put converging with focal length 150

ReputationRep:
    I out diverging cause it was virtual, and 150mm.
    But I got the wrong focal point because I was supposed to use -1/v as the image was virtual

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How about that string 5 marker question? I got the concept wrong out I didn't find the gradient so ill probably get the equation right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the five marker i used the formula

and got the answer to be around 6.37 x 10^something which was within the range.

ReputationRep:
    I got like 6.2*10^-3 for 2 of the strings so it was in the range

ReputationRep:
    Definitely my worst exam yet

ReputationRep:
    For the lens one u=100mm v=-300mm(virtual so (-) ) and then used that in the equation i got 150mm and it was converging cause the focal length was positive
    For the mass/length one i got that it was 6.(something)x10 to the -3 so it was in the range.
    Did anybody else get these?

ReputationRep:
    I got 6.25 x10-3 kgm-1 and a converging lens with focal length 150mm

ReputationRep:
    Guys what did u get for the potential divider question?? And for the one about if the circuit in part b was a good representation?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't like that paper. Started off easy and ended easy but all the stuff in between was like. WHAT. Haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.