Gcse maths aqa help higher or foundation? Watch

aaliyahmckenzie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys
I'm redoing my GCSE maths as I got D last summer and I'm therefor doing again this summer. In secondary we sat edexcel which u believed was much easier and now the college im at have changed the exam board to AQA which I'm struggling so much with!! If this was higher I would completely understand about doing higher as you only need to answer less questions but I sat a AQA paper and didn't even get anywhere near a D! My college won't let me change to foundation and I'm really worried as I want to go to university and I don't want this to ruin my chance? Is it not possible if I answer all the AQA foundation questions that I can get a C?
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Firstly, while it is certainly very useful, you do not necessarily need to pass maths with any particular grade to study at university. It will depend on what you want to study and where.

Secondly, you can find mark schemes and grade boundaries online to see how well you need to do for each grade. You do not have to answer very much correctly on a H paper to get a C, but beyond that I am not an expert. Take a look here for the grade boundaries from the last cycle: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2015.PDF
aaliyahmckenzie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (63)
29.44%
No - I got the required grades (122)
57.01%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.55%

Watched Threads