Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys
    I'm redoing my GCSE maths as I got D last summer and I'm therefor doing again this summer. In secondary we sat edexcel which u believed was much easier and now the college im at have changed the exam board to AQA which I'm struggling so much with!! If this was higher I would completely understand about doing higher as you only need to answer less questions but I sat a AQA paper and didn't even get anywhere near a D! My college won't let me change to foundation and I'm really worried as I want to go to university and I don't want this to ruin my chance? Is it not possible if I answer all the AQA foundation questions that I can get a C?
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    Firstly, while it is certainly very useful, you do not necessarily need to pass maths with any particular grade to study at university. It will depend on what you want to study and where.

    Secondly, you can find mark schemes and grade boundaries online to see how well you need to do for each grade. You do not have to answer very much correctly on a H paper to get a C, but beyond that I am not an expert. Take a look here for the grade boundaries from the last cycle: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2015.PDF
    • Thread Starter

    Thank you


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.