Turn on thread page Beta

Eggs from chickens, people complaining+moral thing to do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Because i live in a boarding house which has chickens, we get eggs from them. Anyone is allowed to eat the eggs. However the amount one is allowed to eat is unspecified. Personally i eat the majority of the eggs, most of the time, eg slightly over half all the eggs which are collected and available to next to me.

If i eat the majority of the eggs does that make me really selfish or am i fine to do this?

Some in the house look down on me for eating all the eggs but i love eggs and personally i think first come first serve is the thing that should be applied here. Of course there's always the problem that you were going to make something using the eggs but it turns out someone else has used them already. But what can i do? They're there to be eaten and i'm not letting them stay in the basket for other people eat so i get none.

Some days i just feel full and maybe a bit sickly from other things i've eaten that day so i won't eat any eggs at all and others will use them. I'm completely fine with that since they're there to be eaten. However when i eat eggs at least 2-3 ppl comes down hard and tell me to stop eating all the eggs >.> (tbh i do use like 5 eggs for scrambled eggs but i'm hungry >.<) Generally i'll use about 3-4 eggs for scrambled eggs or 5 if i'm super hungry and if i'm feeling generous towards other i'll eat 1 egg and fry it instead of making scrambled eggs.

Am i wrong or right?

Spoiler:
    Show
    inb4 someone says i'm left

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's a problem really, but maybe make sure the others don't want them before you eat them. If they don't, then there's no point letting them go to waste, so you may as well eat them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I don't think it's a problem really, but maybe make sure the others don't want them before you eat them. If they don't, then there's no point letting them go to waste, so you may as well eat them
    Well that's the dilemma here, everyone wants to eat the eggs but only difference is i get there first and get the first pick of how much i want and that seems to annoy people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    Well that's the dilemma here, everyone wants to eat the eggs but only difference is i get there first and get the first pick of how much i want and that seems to annoy people
    Maybe you guys can decide how many eggs you can have each, and if they aren't used by a certain time, then you can have them?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you guys can decide how many eggs you can have each, and if they aren't used by a certain time, then you can have them?
    I should've clarified but in my boarding house there's about 50 people

ReputationRep:
    I should've clarified but in my boarding house there's about 50 people
    Ahh maybe not then

ReputationRep:
    i eat the majority of the eggs, most of the time
    Strong username to post ratio

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely set a maximum of eggs that a person can eat even if they can't be distributed evenly amongst everyone. If people want more eggs they should really buy them because it's not fair for some people to get no free eggs and others (even if first) to get the majority.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh maybe not then
    yup

(Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Strong username to post ratio
    lol i'm really trying to lose that little bit of puppy fat though xD

in any case i remember i came up with this because i always used to call my brother a fat f**k before he came to my school and started walking up the hills and losing some weight....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    I would definitely set a maximum of eggs that a person can eat even if they can't be distributed evenly amongst everyone. If people want more eggs they should really buy them because it's not fair for some people to get no free eggs and others (even if first) to get the majority.
    ok not everyone wants eggs though so assuming that about 10-15 ppl want to use the eggs(which is roughly the realistic value in my house)
    should i hold back and let others have their fair share if they want it?

ReputationRep:
    ok not everyone wants eggs though so assuming that about 10-15 ppl want to use the eggs(which is roughly the realistic value in my house)
    should i hold back and let others have their fair share if they want it?
    I would, if only to get them off your back for a while. If you try and stick to, say, three instead of five at a time they might notice a change and then it might go unnoticed the odd time when you grab a few more. If you know the people who tend to use them for eating or baking just tell them to leave a note or tell you if they're planning on using a certain number later, that way they can't complain when you don't read their minds in order to figure out whether they'll be using them or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    I would, if only to get them off your back for a while. If you try and stick to, say, three instead of five at a time they might notice a change and then it might go unnoticed the odd time when you grab a few more. If you know the people who tend to use them for eating or baking just tell them to leave a note or tell you if they're planning on using a certain number later, that way they can't complain when you don't read their minds in order to figure out whether they'll be using them or not.
    This will never happen unfortunately
    this is what i do most of the time and ppl complain and say stop taking all the eggs even when i go near the basket xD
    Doesn't work

Thing is only way i'll ever eat these eggs is if i get there first

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.