Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    I never said I liked the guy...
    Look at gideon... he's like a reptile in a suit. Did you expect him to be anywhere near the cabinet?
    My point is that even Osborne has more charisma in speeches and interviews than Umunna

Osborne regularly displays fierce and passionate rhetoric with animated gesticulations. When Umunna speaks it's like listening to a heavily sedated Lenny Henry.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Hirsty97)
    I don't think it would be a good thing, because the head of state is meant to represent the people, imagine how odd it would be if Japan's Prime Minister was ethnically Pakistani. The reason why it's okay for America to have non-white heads of state is because white people are not the indigenous other there, they've always been diverse.

However, I don't like identity politics and I wouldn't vote for someone solely because of their race, gender or sexuality, but how well I think they could lead. If for instance the election was contested between Sajid Javid or Jeremy Corbyn I would vote for the former.
    The Prime Minister is not the Head of State, Her Majesty the Queen is. In Japan the Head of State is the Emperor.

And it was 'odd' when the USA got a non-White Head of State. The reason why it isn't odd now is because it happened. Britain has a better history of race-relations than the USA and so it is no thought we will eventually follow suit. It would be very strange to follow Japan's example when Japan is a particularly homogenous country.

ReputationRep:
    funny how people always ask this for white nations like America or Europe how about a white man for president of china or India

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    we had 4 million ukip voters last election; so youre potentially looking at a couple million racists right there. nah i would say maybe 200 years until a black prime minister happens and maybe 100 for asian
    so your calling me a racist then nice one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someone32)
    How far do you think Britain is from having a black or Asian prime minister? why do you think we are behind America in terms of ethnic minorities in government?
    Unfortunately, it isn't far off. Definitely before the turn of the century, white Brits are supposedly set to be a minority before then as well.

I'd be more worried about the rise of political Islam though, how l before we have The Muslim Brotherhood as part of the government, which sure as you're born, is going to happen before the turn of the century.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    My point is that even Osborne has more charisma in speeches and interviews than Umunna

Osborne regularly displays fierce and passionate rhetoric with animated gesticulations. When Umunna speaks it's like listening to a heavily sedated Lenny Henry.
    Well, we'll have to see what happens.
    I suspect he'll certainly be the leader of the labour party in the not too distant future.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it important for white countries to have non white leaders? It really isn't important or special...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoorBastward)
    Why is it important for white countries to have non white leaders? It really isn't important or special...
    Completely correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a damn about their skin colour, gender, sexuality etc if they have policies I like and generally respect British culture, history etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.