Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else in London scared to use public transport now? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Kinda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gucci Mane.)
    Brussells attacks reminded me of London 7/7 attacks. The terrorists typically target busy public transport & transport hubs, and typically at rush hour.

Was looking at the map of where the 7/7 attacks hit (below), and chit myself when I realised if they hit in the same places again I would likely be dead.

God damn ISIS, cant even travel to work now without being in total fear.

I'm going up to Manchester soon, have to take the northern line to Euston and as it's a very deep line it makes me quite nervous:') But all is fine as long as you are cautious and know your surroundings you'll be fine, if something does happen then just make sure you're safe
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    No, why would I be?

Living in London we're always going to be a target. Last week, this week, next week, all the time. There's always a risk that one day when we get on the Underground that this could happen, so I don't see why you would be scared now. The amount of attacks our intelligence have foiled since 7/7 must be numerous, so be thankful we have them in place.

If anything, our risk would be ever so slightly lower at the moment. Following major attacks the nation goes into high alert, intelligence are probably scoring extra hard, there's extra security patrols at busy stations, and people get so jumpy that they'll probably increase reports of 'anything suspicious'.

So no, I don't see why you would be anymore scared now than any other time.

ReputationRep:
    Why be scared death is inevitable. plus your death will be quick (hopefully)

This country needs to stop with the *****y foreign policy

ReputationRep:
    Was looking at the map of where the 7/7 attacks hit (below), and chit myself
    Passed through the KC/RS killzone on the Piccadilly line around the same time that bomb went off, 24 hrs prior. More were killed/injured that day

Did it make me stop and think/apprehensive? Naturally

Did it scare me/stop me from using public transport e.g. let the terrorists win? Hell no

ReputationRep:
    these things happen everyday all over the world, stop being so paranoid

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not scared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Yes I am scared.
    Sisssssyyyyyyyy

Not really...
    the last major underground attack (7/7) was nearly 11 years ago. Our intelligence must be doing something right, if we haven't had an attack since then. And sure enough security would be even greater especially after Brussels, Turkey and Paris
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Not really, tbh. We could die from anything at any point. I'm not gonna not use public transport just in case they might bomb it whilst I'm using it. If I die, I die! :yes:

As others have said, this is exactly what the terrorists want: to spread fear. Maybe I'm just very chilled about this because my country of origin had bombs going off all the time for about 30 years or so, but seriously peeps: don't give in! Just keep calm and carry on

ReputationRep:
    I do not fear because I am unkillable.

ReputationRep:
    I am, the chances of a non-Muslim fascist attacking me is very high

ReputationRep:
    Brussells attacks reminded me of London 7/7 attacks. The terrorists typically target busy public transport & transport hubs, and typically at rush hour.

Was looking at the map of where the 7/7 attacks hit (below), and chit myself when I realised if they hit in the same places again I would likely be dead.

If you are scared thank those like Donald trump and the right wingers for causing the fear and consequent attacks

ReputationRep:
    At least the IRA had some morality and would phone places telling them to get out unlike these barbarians
    (Unless you were a Tory mp)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    s/o to the spineless crew. Your time.
    Thanks for the advice, brave man

ReputationRep:
    I think this is actually the safest time right now, because no terrorist would waste the effort attempting an attack now when every country is on red alert and security is so high.

So instead they wait for us to forget about it and let our guards down and that's when they strike again.
    i thought I was the only one who thought this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Thanks for the advice, brave man
    ...I didn't give any, but thanks for the compliment.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand the keep calm and carry on crew, people are dying and you're so pathetically subdued you just go to work every day the same as usual

ReputationRep:

:toofunny: this needs to be a meme
    God damn ISIS, cant even: duck down to tie my shoes without bullets flying over my head :grumble:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You're significantly more likely to die being hit by a car as a pedestrian or from respiratory illness from air pollution so if you were fine leaving your house before, you'll be fine now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.