Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else in London scared to use public transport now? Watch

ReputationRep:
    One thing though, on the tube, I always make extra effort to sit near people who look Muslim (Hijab/Taqiyah/Thawb etc)

It's genius, most Muslims are not terrorists and the terrorists will be like, not gonna blow now, will kill a brother/sister. So they'll move carriages and I'll get to keep being a Slutty Salafi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    You're significantly more likely to die being hit by a car as a pedestrian or from respiratory illness from air pollution so if you were fine leaving your house before, you'll be fine now.
    I think what people fear is the inability to respond or act. You can take (sensible) precautions when it comes to crossing the road, such as not crossing between parked cars, there is nothing you can actually do if someone sitting next to you blows up as soon as he presses a button on his phone.

People hate that feeling of helplessness.

A similar thing is how much more people fear flying than driving a car, even though statistically you're more likely to die in a car journey than on an airplane

ReputationRep:
    I go to London very infrequently, maybe once a year if that. So I'm not really bothered about the threat of terrorism. If it is my time to go, it's my time to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slutty Salafi)
    One thing though, on the tube, I always make extra effort to sit near people who look Muslim (Hijab/Taqiyah/Thawb etc)

It's genius, most Muslims are not terrorists and the terrorists will be like, not gonna blow now, will kill a brother/sister. So they'll move carriages and I'll get to keep being a Slutty Salafi
    make sure you say salam alaikum so he knows for sure that you are a brother

otherwise he might think youre an islamophobe trying to intimidate him or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christ Redeems)
    make sure you say salam alaikum so he knows for sure that you are a brother
    The secret code :sly:

otherwise he might think youre an islamophobe trying to intimidate him or something.
    Clearly I need to wear my keffiyeh whenever I leave the house

ReputationRep:
    The chances of being killed in a terrorist attack are minuscule. Those areas are targeted because lots of people pass through them - tens of millions of journeys per year. Of those, about fifty have been killed in terrorist attacks in more than a decade. You are much more likely to be diagnosed with cancer, have a heart attack, or be hit by a car than you are to be killed by a bomb on public transportation. Fear of this is irrational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slutty Salafi)
    Clearly I need to wear my keffiyeh whenever I leave the house
    Do it the next time Israel bombs Gaza

trendy af.

ReputationRep:
    An attack on London is highly likely this year.

There would have been a drive by shooting in London last week, but security services foiled it and arrested all involved.

I would walk or cycle if I lived in London as after two city attacks in 5 months, an attack on London is a question of WHEN, not IF.

ReputationRep:
    Do it the next time Israel bombs Gaza

trendy af.
    Think of all the street cred I will earn with Muslims

ReputationRep:
    Nope. An attack is going to happen but I can't stop my life to worry about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.