Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I get my final student finance payment of £3.6k in two weeks. What should i spend this on? I did buy some gold, but then cashed in 2/3s of that to pay off my credit cards. I will still have about £1k left over when i pay them all off now, so what should i spend this on??
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by john2054)
    I get my final student finance payment of £3.6k in two weeks. What should i spend this on? I did buy some gold, but then cashed in 2/3s of that to pay off my credit cards. I will still have about £1k left over when i pay them all off now, so what should i spend this on??
    Personally I d save it in a value added current account or buy something techy with it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go on holiday in fact thats exactly what I'm going to do.

ReputationRep:
    I see no reason for the rush to spend it. If you have to ask strangers what you should spend your money on, then maybe you shouldn't be spending it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I see no reason for the rush to spend it. If you have to ask strangers what you should spend your money on, then maybe you shouldn't be spending it?
    i'm not very good at saving though, that's my only problem sophie??

ReputationRep:
    A partay!

ReputationRep:
    i'm not very good at saving though, that's my only problem sophie??
    It's not a problem so much as an excuse.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Are you in your final year?

ReputationRep:
    Put at least £500 aside for job interviews.

You'll thank me later.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I'm with Sophie on this. Can't see any reason to spend it just because it's there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    Are you in your final year?
    correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    A partay!
    We're going out soon. And with the prices of drinks these days, i think that will be some of it down the drain!

ReputationRep:
    It's not a problem so much as an excuse.
    You really don't like me huh?

ReputationRep:
    You really don't like me huh?
    lol, why would I dislike you?
    I don't dislike you, you just said something which in my opinion is ridiculous. I call everyone out on stuff like that, friend or foe. Don't take it personally.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    correct
    Have you got a job lined up?

ReputationRep:
    Sarrys (well some of it)

ReputationRep:
    lol, why would I dislike you?
    I don't dislike you, you just said something which in my opinion is ridiculous. I call everyone out on stuff like that, friend or foe. Don't take it personally.
    What is so ridiculous about spending my student money, do you think i'm the only student to do this/??

ReputationRep:
    £1,000 you say....
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    Have you got a job lined up?
    No, but i do have an unconditional place on the masters in education at my uni, for starting in September. Which is a relief!

ReputationRep:
    Donate it to me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.