Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    this isn't an essay, but a online student forum. a sample of 28 people is more than you have provided, which is absolutely zilch okay???
    I just looked at CUG's interpretation of the 2012 HESA stats. Derby has some of the worst prospects going.

ReputationRep:
    I get my final student finance payment of £3.6k in two weeks. What should i spend this on? I did buy some gold, but then cashed in 2/3s of that to pay off my credit cards. I will still have about £1k left over when i pay them all off now, so what should i spend this on??
    how the hell do you even get that much student finance?! i can't even get that much in a year so can't even pay my rent with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade Goodey)
    I think it won't be your choice. It's sad to say and I am sure it must be a blow, but it's the truth.
    and if i get a doctorate?

http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/...e_(PhD)/Salary

ReputationRep:
    I just looked at CUG's interpretation of the 2012 HESA stats. Derby has some of the worst prospects going.
    please link, like i have been doing??

ReputationRep:
    You'll be the best qualified person ever to work the morning shift at Burger King.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    how the hell do you even get that much student finance?! i can't even get that much in a year so can't even pay my rent with it
    i started the degree in 2011, plus i have a disability and a dependant, so i get top money i think?

that explains the difference?

ReputationRep:
    You'll be the best qualified person ever to work the morning shift at Burger King.
    where did you get your degree jade?

ReputationRep:
    where did you get your degree jade?
    A top Russell Group uni. Why do you ask?

ReputationRep:
    which subject, which year and which grade???

ReputationRep:
    which subject, which year and which grade???
    2:2, 2015, sociology.

ReputationRep:
    2:2, 2015, sociology.
    and what uni?

ReputationRep:
    and what uni?
    Wolverhampton.

ReputationRep:
    Wolverhampton.
    Have you been able to get a good job with that degree then?

ReputationRep:
    Have you been able to get a good job with that degree then?
    What is this, Question Time?

ReputationRep:
    What is this, Question Time?
    from that i have to assume that the answer is 'no'

ReputationRep:
    i started the degree in 2011, plus i have a disability and a dependant, so i get top money i think?

Yeah makes a lot more sense was just confused as I have friends who got the max based on having no income (but minus disability or dependant) and they get quite a bit less

ReputationRep:
    Omg Wolverhampton isn't a Russell group uni hahahaha! And sociology is rated one of the most unemployable degrees: http://www.hellou.co.uk/2014/03/2014...bseekers-3313/

So stop being nasty to this poor guy, can't stand people on here being stuck up ***** who judge others on their uni and course. FYI I study Midwifery (100% employment after university as qualified Midwife) at the 4th university in league tables for Nursing and Midwifery so don't try it with me.

ReputationRep:

I don't know who's depending on you financially but maybe you should think about what they need you to spend money on.

Or maybe you're a troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    I don't know who's depending on you financially but maybe you should think about what they need you to spend money on.

Or maybe you're a troll.
    MY wife and daughter both depend on me (from Kenya), and i gave her £600 two weeks ago. Is that enough for you???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.