Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I really need some advice. I'm from the Netherlands, starting university in September in Central London and I will be receiving the Dutch student loan and a maintenance grant as well. However, these will be handed out as instalments on a monthly basis and I was wondering whether UCAS wants you to pay in full in advance? I'm not able to pay 9,000 pounds at once!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abramovic)
    Hi! I really need some advice. I'm from the Netherlands, starting university in September in Central London and I will be receiving the Dutch student loan and a maintenance grant as well. However, these will be handed out as instalments on a monthly basis and I was wondering whether UCAS wants you to pay in full in advance? I'm not able to pay 9,000 pounds at once!
    You pay your tuition fee to your uni and not to UCAS. Contact your uni, explain the situation and ask whether they will accept monthly fee payments. You won't be the first Dutch student they've had, so they should be able to accommodate your funding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    You pay your tuition fee to your uni and not to UCAS. Contact your uni, explain the situation and ask whether they will accept monthly fee payments. You won't be the first Dutch student they've had, so they should be able to accommodate your funding.
    Thank you! I would have chosen for UK funding, but they don't cover any living expenses and then I would be unable to go at alll...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.