The Student Room Group

A-Levels to get into Medicine

I am choosing my A-Levels currently and I'm just asking for advice on what I should take. I'm predicted all A* apart from English Language and Media which are A's. I really want to go into Medicine and am determined to go to a university such as Oxford or Cambridge after going to a conference about these last week , loved it.

My A-Level choices are
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
RS (only at AS)

How hard are the chemistry and maths courses? I did/ am doing further maths at GCSE and have heard that will help me a lot. I am good at chemistry now and quite enjoy it (biology is my favourite), but how hard is it really? I'm willing to work at home and put in the effort.

I'm also aware many people do 4 or more a-levels but the sixth form im going to mainly only does 3, with 4 at AS? Would this be okay in your opinion?

Any info on any of these courses would be appreciated
Original post by jazz_xox_
I am choosing my A-Levels currently and I'm just asking for advice on what I should take. I'm predicted all A* apart from English Language and Media which are A's. I really want to go into Medicine and am determined to go to a university such as Oxford or Cambridge after going to a conference about these last week , loved it.

My A-Level choices are
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
RS (only at AS)

How hard are the chemistry and maths courses? I did/ am doing further maths at GCSE and have heard that will help me a lot. I am good at chemistry now and quite enjoy it (biology is my favourite), but how hard is it really? I'm willing to work at home and put in the effort.

I'm also aware many people do 4 or more a-levels but the sixth form im going to mainly only does 3, with 4 at AS? Would this be okay in your opinion?

Any info on any of these courses would be appreciated

If doing 3 a levels is common practice at your school then it should be fine:smile: I did my a levels years ago but i found chemistry pretty hard but then i only got a B at gcse so think it was a bad choice on my part.

Quick Reply

Latest