The Student Room Group

iGCSE (Yes, iGCSE) Help Needed From Those Who Got Most/All A*s

For those who got most/all A*s at iGCSE...How much revision did you do, when did you start, any tips? First exam May 3rd, two weeks easter coming up, about a week of study leave before first exam. Help please! Aiming for 8A*s, struggle particularly with french listening/speaking. Any advice greatly appreciated..

P.S Put in A-Level as you have been there, done that, worn the T-shirt...
Original post by oli19919
For those who got most/all A*s at iGCSE...How much revision did you do, when did you start, any tips? First exam May 3rd, two weeks easter coming up, about a week of study leave before first exam. Help please! Aiming for 8A*s, struggle particularly with french listening/speaking. Any advice greatly appreciated..

Calm, nothing special about iGCSE, dont think you're extra special or something lol
Reply 2
Original post by oli19919

Although technically I don't qualify as getting mostly A*s( I got 4 and 6 A's) I feel I can weigh in here, I started pretty much around easter and did around 6 hours a day, Like you I struggled with languages although mine was spanish I found the key was just to get used to how the questions were asked and found out that actually the way in which the track was phrased was relatively formulaic. With the sciences they absolutely love to make you apply your knowledge so you really need to know your stuff inside and out and above all be able to apply it to any situation they give you.
Original post by pilch
Although technically I don't qualify as getting mostly A*s( I got 4 and 6 A's) I feel I can weigh in here, I started pretty much around easter and did around 6 hours a day, Like you I struggled with languages although mine was spanish I found the key was just to get used to how the questions were asked and found out that actually the way in which the track was phrased was relatively formulaic. With the sciences they absolutely love to make you apply your knowledge so you really need to know your stuff inside and out and above all be able to apply it to any situation they give you.

Ok thanks a lot for your help :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest