Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone Else Confused? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how i chose my uni...

• found the course i wanted (narrowed uni choice down a lot)
    • sent for the prospectuses of the unis i thought were respectable (i went on which ones i'd heard of )
    • visited the uni's i liked the look of from the prospectuses- the course content etc.
    • talked to lecturers at the uni + had a look around
    • applied to the 6 i liked best
    • chose the one i liked the feel of best- wasn't the most respected, but the place i wanted to live for 4 years and i liked the feel of the place and the way the course is taught
    lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks for all your help so far

Should I apply for some that may be a little higher than I expect? And then choose some others which may be easier to get into?

I'm thinking of Imperial and Hertford, anyone have anything to say about them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entiti)
    Ok, thanks for all your help so far

Should I apply for some that may be a little higher than I expect? And then choose some others which may be easier to get into?

I'm thinking of Imperial and Hertford, anyone have anything to say about them?
    it's worth a try- i applied to st andrews and didn't expect to be accepted. you have 5 other choices so it doesn't really matter if one says no, at least you had a go. but if you think you have no chance of acheiving the grades they require (they don't often differ much from the prospectus) then don't bother cos if they accept you you're likely not to meet the requirements.

lou xxx

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.