Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I keep making excuses not to work especially when its nice weather but then I just end up not doing much anyway and then in the evening I'm always so tired.

Just wondering how everyone else keeps motivated and doesn't end up procrastinating the whole day?

ReputationRep:
    You slap yourself and snap the **** out of it

ReputationRep:
    If music helps you maybe set up a motivational playlist
    Get rid of distractions
    Look up study and motivational quotes
    Regular breaks, like maybe revise for 2 hours with two 5-10 min breaks and then watch your fave tv show or something
    Organize where you are studying and have all your revision sources laid in front of you so feel ready and prepared

ReputationRep:
    I realise if I don't revise I won't get my required grades for Uni and I won't get in and everything will suck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellai17)
    I keep making excuses not to work especially when its nice weather but then I just end up not doing much anyway and then in the evening I'm always so tired.

Just wondering how everyone else keeps motivated and doesn't end up procrastinating the whole day?
    Today in school, a friend told me how she keeps herself motivated. She said that she thinks of what others in our year group would be doing right now: revising.
    She thinks of all of the "clever" people that she wants to compete with, which she said included me.
    This really persuaded me to revise because others expect a lot from me and want to do better than me. If I don't try, they'll end up winning and I will not reach my goalin life. I always like to think of life as a competition; I need to always keep going if I am to stay in the lead or get to the leading position, because the others around me will always keep going.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.