The Student Room Group

Can we all reflect on all the good things Islam does for the world?

Scroll to see replies

To try and argue Islam is anything but barbaric by this point is rather silly.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I think if someone is a Muslim fighting ISIS Islam may well play a part in what motivates you to fight ISIS.

And what evidence do you have to suggest this?
Original post by Aceadria
And what evidence do you have to suggest this?

Human beings that have a religion or culture or some kind of philosophy tend to be motivated by those things.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Human beings that have a religion or culture or some kind of philosophy tend to be motivated by those things.

Care to try again?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Multiculturalism
Truly liberal countries need all religions!

What a load of twaddle.

If religions' main purpose is to exercise control over the masses, then how can you possibly connect that to being liberal?

The similar sentimentality you've expressed across numerous threads is pointlessly naive at best.
Reply 225
I don't believe truly liberal countries need all religions. But liberal countries do need a variety of cultures and religion inevitably accompanies this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sadiqua
i am not an anti semite, i just hate israel. nothing against jews,

It sounds like "I'm not a coward, but I'm afraid". :cool:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by egypt94
I don't believe truly liberal countries need all religions. But liberal countries do need a variety of cultures and religion inevitably accompanies this

Posted from TSR Mobile

No once again you are confusing a religion and culture

But to be a liberal country we need liberal cultures. This is why Islam has no place in any liberal society as it is inherently illiberal.
Original post by admonit
It sounds like "I'm not a coward, but I'm afraid". :cool:

Or I'm not a racist 'But'
Reply 229
There is no confusion whatsoever. To argue that religion and culture can be inherently separated is a very flawed argument. Of course there is a difference but it is virtually impossible to have a culture without religion, particularly in reference to Arabic and middle eastern cultures and Islam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egypt94
There is no confusion whatsoever. To argue that religion and culture can be inherently separated is a very flawed argument. Of course there is a difference but it is virtually impossible to have a culture without religion, particularly in reference to Arabic and middle eastern cultures and Islam

Posted from TSR Mobile

this is opposite of the argument that is used when we try and challenge Islam's negative impact on culture

Then it's you can't blame the faith (like FGM in Indonesia) it's all about culture

Seems the old adage applies 'ask 2 Muslims 1 question and you'll get 3 different replies'
Can we all reflect on all the good things Islam does for the world ?

well, there is at least one good thing Islam does for the world : it provides an almost infinite subject matter for debate and discussion on TSR and elsewhere

best
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LouBlue
It's fair to ask someone to get a degree in medicine before they decide what the best diagnosis is for a patient; it is equally fair to ask someone to merely read the Quran before they decide what the best solution is for a problem involving Islam.

My point is, if you have not yet studied a subject, then you are in no position to provide solutions to problems revolving around that subject.

"He doesn't agree with Islam. He must not have read the Qur'an and must be ignorant about Islam"

A staggering level of arrogance on your part.
Original post by KimKallstrom
"He doesn't agree with Islam. He must not have read the Qur'an and must be ignorant about Islam"

Well he's right in that you should know what you're talking about before you praise or condemn it. Otherwise, you're just following opinions blindly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BaconandSauce
Or I'm not a racist 'But'

"I don't hate Jews, I just have a Hamas propaganda meme as my avatar."

Lou has already apologised for this : a very rare event on this forum, and very much to her honour

however, if I had a couple of quid for each time I was accused of not having read the Quran, I would be significantly better off than I am now

at some moment, I started quoting not only the Quran, but also some Islamic scholars and manuals, so as to cut short the usual accusations of "ignorance, ignorance, ignorance" and gain time

the result was that I was accused of "showing off", trying to "appear knowledgeable" by "plundering google" etc etc

so, whether you will appear ignorant or knowledgeable, the result is the same. Many Muslims think that Islam is their reserved domain of study, and that the Kuffar have strictly nothing to do there.

In any case, if a Kaffir commenting on Islam had some real knowledge, he would have already converted, since Islam is the obvious, self-evident truth.

Best

LouBlue
"x
(edited 8 years ago)
"I don't hate Jews, I just have a Hamas propaganda meme as my avatar."

Aren't Hamas freedom fighters?

Original post by BradleyLawrence
To try and argue Islam is anything but barbaric by this point is rather silly.

I'm sorry, but were all Muslims behind the Brussels attacks? All of them were to blame? Or just a tiny minority?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, let us be grateful for the anal probing we get every-time we want to go abroad via an airport
Original post by C-rated
Yes, let us be grateful for the anal probing we get every-time we want to go abroad via an airport

Would you rather be a dead corpse then?
Original post by Frank Underwood
Would you rather be a dead corpse then?

Well I get why they need to do it, but I'm sick of getting dehydrated because they take my drinks away and airport drinks are too expensive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending