Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    new (9-1) GCSE system.

Triple Science:
    Does it get rid of a social life?
    How hard is it?
    How stressful is it?

Well, I am doing the old triple science under AQA so undoubtedly my response will not be as accurate. HOWEVER doing triple science does not mean you have no social life. If she uses her time effectively whilst she revises, she will have no problem when she wants to go out and such.
    Stressful? Not really, no more stress than say english or history. For me if found the ISA quite stressful, luckily (well in my opinion anyway) she won't have to worry for that.
    The difficulty I am not too sure. For me the current spec was not too hard to grasp, and since you can't exactly rewrite science to make it harder, that probably won't change.
    I hoped this somewhat helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agony mum)
    new (9-1) GCSE system.

Triple Science:
    How hard is it?
    How stressful is it?
    Definitely not. Triple Science edexcel is not difficult at all and you can attain quite a high grade on the triple science papers, by getting half of the total marks, as the grade boundaries are low.
    It's quite interesting and it'll be good if you enjoy science.

ReputationRep:
    new (9-1) GCSE system.

Triple Science:
    How hard is it?
    How stressful is it?
    No one has done it yet!!!

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the old triple science (A*-U) with the Edexcel exam board.

It's not too stressful - there is a lot of content in triple, but in most topics the further extended part of triple (the part only triple science students do) is usually just a further add-on to what has been learned in additional/core. This is an advantage too as it means you have a clearer knowledge for additional/core. With Edexcel, there are a few new concepts which aren't mentioned in core or additional which you have to learn, the menstrual cycle being one of the particularly confusing, but there's nothing that can't be understood with 30 minutes revision. Also, as someone has mentioned the grade boundaries tend to be quite low so it's easier to do well!

ReputationRep:
    new (9-1) GCSE system.

Triple Science:
    How hard is it?
    How stressful is it?
    I have no idea about the 9-1 as I am doing the old spec with AQA but I guess they won't make it too different. I do triple science and it's not too hard. I don't think the there is lots of content to it but it's the exam questions which require you to apply the knowledge to situations which can be quite difficult. The questions are worded in a highly complex way so practicing past papers is a must. I still have a social life with triple science as it's not the hardest in the world providing you put a good amount of revision in.

If you don't revise and sit on your backside believe me it becomes very stressful tried that once got a E but when I revised I got A*/A's in mocks. I am not the biggest science lover but when I put the work in I got what I deserved.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing triple science (old spec) with AQA at the moment, I'm in year 11 currently. It's not too bad as long as you do focus throughout the 3 years, unlike I did. There's quite a lot of time between each of the exams and a lot of the content in the units relate to each other - particularly in chemistry, the basics of balancing equations and shell arrangement are in all the units.

ReputationRep:
    There is no difference in difficulty between the 3 units and most would argue that unit 2 is harder than unit 3 which you would have to take regardless of whether you even do triple science. Furthermore the extra unit (unit 3) is a lot smaller tha the other units so its not too bad especially if you want to pursue a career in the sciences.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.