Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Belgium attacks: Yet again, just the standard response and no action Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shia Kafir)
    inb4 you are just doing what the IS want and fuelling radicalism and are to blame for islamists killing civilians because you hurt their feelings so its your fault.
    Exactly what I was going to say

What does inb4 mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)
    Exactly what I was going to say

What does inb4 mean?
    Yes. I was pre-empting your terrorist-apologia.

It means **** off you sick *******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shia Kafir)
    :facepalm:
    Lol you can always google it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    It's a Daily Fail link. There's no way on Earth I'm clicking it.
    I see this sentiment all the time, why?

I posted a thread not long ago and half the comments where similar to yours, one was identical, it might have even been you that posted it.

I imagine you simply don't want to give the website another 'hit'. But it's already the most visited English-language newspaper website in the world without your hits, so not allowing anyone to source information from that in a internet exchange does nothing but make you look like a bit of a crackpot.

'Daily Fail'..........very imaginative, did you come up with that yourself? It's childishly stupid, and not in an endearing way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    What if they have British citizenship?
    The French are looking at ways of removing citizenship from Muslim terrorists. We should too.

Muslims have to make a choice, are they going to integrate in the west or do they prefer to live in a Muslim country? At present some of them belong nowhere. Neither in th homelands of their parents, or here. We all know a frighteningly large number support Sharia for the UK. Many of the Muslims on this website indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    What if they have British citizenship?
    They can live in confinement (prison essentially) or the international lounge of an airport with a one way ticket to the Muslim country of their choice, not bothered which.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by HanSoloLuck)
    I see this sentiment all the time, why?

I posted a thread not long ago and half the comments where similar to yours, one was identical, it might have even been you that posted it.

I imagine you simply don't want to give the website another 'hit'. But it's already the most visited English-language newspaper website in the world without your hits, so not allowing anyone to source information from that in a internet exchange does nothing but make you look like a bit of a crackpot.

'Daily Fail'..........very imaginative, did you come up with that yourself? It's childishly stupid, and not in an endearing way.
    Thank you kindly for your input. I am sorry to have offended you.

ReputationRep:
    Turn to the far-right. They call us fascists but we're patriots fighting for a future. We aren't the ones who supported invading Middle East. We want out of the Middle East, and we want our countries back.

Yet somehow we're the evil White racist oppressors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlwaysWatching)
    The solution is to first identify, correctly, the problem. The problem is Islamism. The problem is Islam. The problem is that integration between two polar opposite cultures does not work. The solution is assimilate to western values, and drop their religion in the way many Christians have been pacified in this country, or face deportation. Muslims need to reform their religion and undergo a 'renaissance' and 'enlightenment' period.
    I think it's entirely possible that it would be beneficial for more fundamental Muslims to undergo some sort of renaissance and modernisation of their religion, but we can't force them to do that, and attempting to will only make them more stubbornly adherent. Nothing unifies, segregates, and vindicates a religious group quite like what they would see as persecution.

ReputationRep:
    No, read what I said.

If they refuse to integrate and follow western values, then they should be deported. That means if they wish to stone women, kill homosexuals or murder anyone who draws a cartoon.

Unless you of course you believe that those values are fundamental to Islam, and cannot be changed?
    If they attempt to kill anyone - an adulteress, a homosexual, a cartoonist, whoever - they can be dealt with as we deal with any attempted murderer. If they don't do that, or commit any other crime, then what right have we to detain or deport them?

ReputationRep:
    He's proposed nothing other than hinting at 'shut the borders'.

Islam and religion in general is a problem undoubtedly. But at a time when the right accuse the left of delusion and diatribe against 'racists', the right could do well to practise what they preach.

And quite spiteful of him to ridicule 'you ain't no Muslim bruv' at a time when Muslims are accused of not doing enough to stamp out radicalisation. You can't win, so you might as well let yourself be vilified. Which is all Murray ever seems to do.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to with Islam - check

Tolerant, accepting religion - check

White Christian criminals too - check

Just a minority of Muslims - check

Just a random terrorist attack, we have no idea why it happened - check

Fashionable tweets, avatars and marches on the streets and candle lightings - check

ReputationRep:
    http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/03...esponse-begin/

Douglas Murray, spot on again.
    Needs more air time. Its a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Thank you kindly for your input. I am sorry to have offended you.
    I never said I was offended, I just asked a question and said what you are doing looks childish.

Now you have responded with an ad hominem retort, again I will say, this is childish. I'll just assume you don't want to or don't have an answer.

ReputationRep:
    They can live in confinement (prison essentially) or the international lounge of an airport with a one way ticket to the Muslim country of their choice, not bothered which.
    So treated like any other criminal. I don;t see why a distinction needs to be made.

Your latter solution seems bizarre and more soft. If they are an Islamist they may actually be ok with being chucked out to a one of your Muslim countries especially compared to being in one of our jails. You are also just moving the problem. The last thing troubled Middle-east countries need is more Islamists. Why not just hand over more fighters for ISIS :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    false-flag attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oueoue)
    false-flag attack
    Do you have anything to support this idea apart from your petty assumption?

ReputationRep:
    " A Cobra meeting " - check

Flag colours on the Eiffel Tower - check

A discussion on liberty and security - check

ReputationRep:
    To quote a facebook comment:

I've seen the usual regressives out in force trying to pin the blame on the West. Obviously unaware that Belgium had no involvement in Iraq. Here's a quote for these self-flagellating reprobates. "It's a bit much to be told that these Al Qaeda chaps, these killers and sadists and nihilists and producers of indiscriminate explosions, wouldn't be this way if we weren't so mean to them. Well that's easy then. Leave them (the Taliban) in control of Afghanistan. Don't mess around with these people. Don't make them angry. Don't make them mean. It's your fault. Now this is masochism. But it's being offered to you by sadists."Christopher Hitchens
    Funnily enough reminds me of this Facebook post, written in the aftermath of the Paris attacks...

"It must be incredibly frustrating as an Islamic terrorist not to have your views and motives taken seriously by the societies you terrorize, even after you have explicitly and repeatedly stated them"...

https://www.facebook.com/faisalsalmu...06729506085781

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feel Tha Bern)
    If you can't handle a newspaper article without being triggered, you're just not going to survive

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.