Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luiswright31)
    Tbh I think I messed up the multiple choice; hoping for
    12/15 MC
    14/15 SAQ
    10/10 10 Mark question
    18/20 20 mark essay

Looking for the same. Probably slightly lower in the MC. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I know I got at least 4 wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I drew mine in pencil also but did the axis and equilibrium's in pen. I think you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joodaa)
    I think I put £12000 or maybe it was £1200
    Pretty sure it is £12,000.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Could someone please remind me of any multiple choices questions they find found difficult? Likewise for the short answers.
    Also, what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?
    Thanks for your help 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theman09)
    Hi guys,
    Could someone please remind me of any multiple choices questions they find found difficult? Likewise for the short answers.
    Also, what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?
    Thanks for your help 😊
    In all it was a pretty standard paper. There were a few traps to distinguish between the A, C and E candidates and I think they were relatively successful in doing so (from conversations I have had with class mates). I think it will PROBABLY be 49 for an A, 44 for a B, 40 = C, 36= D, 31=E. On the other hand having over 50% be an E grade would be quite harsh.

Boundaries wise it comes down to the rigger of the macro exam.

In regards to the multiple choice we have established a handful of answers above which I BELIEVE to be correct. Unfortunately, I have slept since the exam so I can't remember all of the questions.

Hope I could help.

ReputationRep:
    did people not get many As in the multiple choice qs or is that just me? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AG16)
    did people not get many As in the multiple choice qs or is that just me? :/
    Nah i either only answered A once or it was twice, I remember putting down a lot of B's and D's at the beginning tho

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic Luke, thank you.
    For the 10 marker, I drew a minimum price diagram, talked about the decrease in demand and excess supply. I then went on to talk about the min price not being equitable as those who are addicted will just internalise the cost and the minimum price wouldn't be effective for those who are addicted. Is there anything I missed out? Additionally how much do you guys reckon that would be out of 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theman09)
    Fantastic Luke, thank you.
    For the 10 marker, I drew a minimum price diagram, talked about the decrease in demand and excess supply. I then went on to talk about the min price not being equitable as those who are addicted will just internalise the cost and the minimum price wouldn't be effective for those who are addicted. Is there anything I missed out? Additionally how much do you guys reckon that would be out of 10
    So you went straight onto the diagram? Correctly labelled? Did you do Qs and Qd with Qs>Qd?? That made it easier to talk through. On the basis you got all of that right, thats six.

How many 'however' points did you do?

I did extent of the price
    length of time
    PED

The standard three.

Fully explained that ^^ will gain the full 10 marks. Without having yours in front of me I can't really tell you black and white what you will get. I hope that (above) makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Yes all the diagrams were fully labelled, and I included one point of evaluation when saying the minimum price wouldn't actually be effect due to the PED. In retrospect, I have no idea how I forgot about the extent of the minimum price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tj123456)
    anyone have guess at what the grade boundaries will be
    It will probably be
    E = 28
    D = 32
    C = 36
    B = 40
    A = 44

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G-Unit69)
    for the 10 Marker the graph should be demand and supply showing equilibrium demand and supply and another fixed price above P. it would reduce consumption as people are less willing and able to consume at higher price, however firms will supply more as it is more profitable to supply at the fixed level, the comment on should be about the extent of the increase in price which would effect how much demand would fall and supply increase as well as talk about the PED of alcohol and how it may be inelastic due to it being "addictive" which wouldnt effect demand that much for alcohol
    YES! I wrote exactly that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jxden)
    YES! I wrote exactly that
    What are your thoughts on the macro exam on 23rd of May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISpeakWisdom)
    What are your thoughts on the macro exam on 23rd of May.
    Hoping it will be a lot better than this one, I struggled for timing. If the macro essay is on unemployment/inflation then I'll be ecstatic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jxden)
    It will probably be
    E = 28
    D = 32
    C = 36
    B = 40
    A = 44
    Should be much higher, AT LEAST 47 for an A, however, i think the paper was relatively generous, and therefore an A should be 48/49 / 60.
    I do however feel like the lower grades will be slightly more generous, i reckon;

A = 49
    B = 43
    C = 37
    D = 31
    E = 25

ReputationRep:
    For the 10 and 20 marker, is it necessary to directly describes what was going on in the diagram such as saying price levels fall from p to p1 etc because I described it more generally saying its falling at a less than proportionate rate or theres overproduction and does this get you capped?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joodaa)
    Don't you think that because this is the first paper of the new spec that that may affect how high the boundaries would usually be?
    It depends on the scores everyone gets, which should be relatively high compared to other years, as the only section which was particularly harsh was the MC.

ReputationRep:
    how will the overall economic grade be calculated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luiswright31)
    It depends on the scores everyone gets, which should be relatively high compared to other years, as the only section which was particularly harsh was the MC.
    Ahh yeah I deleted my other post cos i realised i was probably mistaken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISpeakWisdom)
    how will the overall economic grade be calculated?
    50% Macro
    50% Micro

Should be approx 80% average across both papers for an A,
    which would be an average of 48/60 across both papers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.