Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joodaa)
    I messed it up too, I think you may get marks for the labelled axis? What did you label your axis?
    I thought overall it was a harder test than the micro paper
    Yay at least I get a mark, I labelled it price of currency and quantity of currency I think and did a supply and demand curve, and yes it was much harder

ReputationRep:
    Any unofficial mark schemes for this or micro ? Can't find any

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itskasia)
    I think it went well. Nothing "unexpected" came up. I think multiple choice questions were very generous.
    I think I've done okay on mc but I forgot tourism was a credict in the trade of service ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia66)
    I think I've done okay on mc but I forgot tourism was a credict in the trade of service ...
    It is okay - just one mark😉. How did you find 10 marker and 20 marker essays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itskasia)
    It is okay - just one mark😉. How did you find 10 marker and 20 marker essays?
    I done some past papers yesterday and actually came across the Same question as the 10 marker! The 20 marker wasn't too bad but I forgot to write a conclusion, silly me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia66)
    Yay at least I get a mark, I labelled it price of currency and quantity of currency I think and did a supply and demand curve, and yes it was much harder
    Nice! I think I lost all four on that question which is a shame, oh well atleast the 20 marker was really nice

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for q18 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joodaa)
    Nice! I think I lost all four on that question which is a shame, oh well atleast the 20 marker was really nice
    if you've done good on 20 marker I'm sure it'll bring your grade up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hate0cr)
    I had loads of time so I spent just over 40 minutes on Q18 :P. Think I rambled a bit though, although I actually had time to properly elaborate on points unlike the micro paper. Not quite sure why I had more time since the data response and multiple choice questions were easy in both, but oh well! Hopefully I have a decent chance of a B perhaps even an 'A' if the examiner is feeling nice XD

ReputationRep:
    How did you write so much for 18? I did 17 and it was a great question, hoping for around 18/19/20.
    Wasn't too much of a fan of 18 however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luiswright31)
    How did you write so much for 18? I did 17 and it was a great question, hoping for around 18/19/20.
    Wasn't too much of a fan of 18 however.
    IDK- as I said I rambled :P Also it was generally on the economy so you could write just about anything and relate it budget deficit. Think I got the terms of trade and features of a 'good tax' multiple choice Qs wrong :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelash)
    IDK- as I said I rambled :P Also it was generally on the economy so you could write just about anything and relate it budget deficit. Think I got the terms of trade and features of a 'good tax' multiple choice Qs wrong :/
    I put 87.5 for terms of trade, 'twas 0.875, couldn't for life of me remember whether it was displayed as an 'index' looking number or a decimal.
    Think the 'good tax' one was equity right?

ReputationRep:
    Initially wrote about a reduction in AD and a potential negative multiplier effect in the short-term, but evaluated the long-term benefits of fiscal responsibility (i.e. the gov't will have the ability to absorb future recessions -where gov't expenditure is needed the most - if they cut down the deficit in the present) and how this boosts confidence (therefore more investment from UK firms and also being fiscally responsible increases support from investors abroad via FDI as they will not invest if the UK gov't maintains a structural budget deficit as there is a risk of the UK defaulting on its debts).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luiswright31)
    I put 87.5 for terms of trade, 'twas 0.875, couldn't for life of me remember whether it was displayed as an 'index' looking number or a decimal.
    Think the 'good tax' one was equity right?

nope equity is a feature of a good tax, as is convenience, certainty and economy

ReputationRep:
    I put equity

ReputationRep:
    I wrote all about contractionary fiscal and monetary policies and their effects of reducing AD, drew a couple keynesian diagrams and explained the effects on growth, demand pull inflation and employment and the likely outcome on living standards and then about how supply side policies may help as well and drew a diagram shifting LRAS outwards (both keynesian and classical) and then did the counters of all of these things and then a judgment pretty much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordancohen)
    nope equity is a feature of a good tax, as is convenience, certainty and economy
    I thought that it was 'equality' not 'equity', I thought of equity as being shares in a company so ruled it out. I guess by definition 'equity' also means equality. Got me that one.

ReputationRep:
    how did you do for 4 marks graph question?
    and what was the question i don't remember it
    is it shift of demand curve to the right?

ReputationRep:
    what is the answer for comparative advantage multiple choice question?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tsrecon123)
    what is the answer for comparative advantage multiple choice question?
    I put only country y will benefit from trade
    I'm not sure though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.