Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannzz98)
    How did everyone's exam go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    On question 17 did you write about positive or negative externalities? (the one with government subsidies and market failure)

ReputationRep:
    who did context B?? mean answer 6.3 p?? and diagram showing fall in demand and then a tax diagram for 10 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    who did context B?? mean answer 6.3 p?? and diagram showing fall in demand and then a tax diagram for 10 marker
    was a fall in demand from d1 to d2, and the mean was 6pound 37p or some ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    was a fall in demand from d1 to d2, and the mean was 6pound 37p or some ****
    i think i got 3/4 on the calculation as messed up the nearest penny which is frustrating but yep i did that fall in demand.

ReputationRep:
    Mean was 6.29, as the answer was 6.287 for calculation, and it wanted to nearest penny.
    And yes 4 marker was fall in demand

ReputationRep:
    for the 4 diagrams showing average cost curves! which one did you tick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varun127)
    Mean was 6.29, as the answer was 6.287 for calculation, and it wanted to nearest penny.
    I got the same answer, £6.29 to the nearest penny.
    For the diagram question, I shifted to the demand curve to the left.
    For the data analysis question, I stated the highest values and the overall trend

ReputationRep:
    for the 4 diagrams showing average cost curves! which one did you tick
    The one that was downward sloping, which I think was Option C

ReputationRep:
    I got £6.29 for the mean and I also picked C for the LRAC curve question

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody post any MCQs they remember? Found them quite difficult.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the multiple choice question about price elasticity of supply? I picked D (160 units)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazard106669)
    What did everyone get for the multiple choice question about price elasticity of supply? I picked D (160 units)
    -160? i put 240

ReputationRep:
    For the 8 marker on context 1, does comparing the second highest contributer to UK electricity production in each year count as "significant data"?

ReputationRep:
    -160? i put 240
    It was a 20% increase off of 200 therefore 240 is the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember the answer to the multiple choice question about labour productivity?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Varun127)
    whats question was this?? mean??? i don't remember calculating anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolgurl14)
    whats question was this?? mean??? i don't remember calculating anything
    It was the mean question, context 2

ReputationRep:
    I messed up on the 10 marker for context two big time.
    I shifted the demand curve instead and said the tax would reduce demand for cigarettes because I'm stupid but i valid points about the elasticity of the demand curve due to addictive properties and explained the diagram also adding relevant application and definitions.
    So will I get awarded 0 marks for this error as it is annoying me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KishanPatel99)
    I messed up on the 10 marker for context two big time.
    I shifted the demand curve instead and said the tax would reduce demand for cigarettes because I'm stupid but i valid points about the elasticity of the demand curve due to addictive properties and explained the diagram also adding relevant application and definitions.
    So will I get awarded 0 marks for this error as it is annoying me

demand does shift downwards (left).and diagram is only worth 4 marks if the whole thing is right, assuming you got the labels right I'm sure you got 2-3/4

you definitely won't get 0/10 for a mistake, they dont judge on errors, they judge on whats there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    demand does shift downwards (left).and diagram is only worth 4 marks if the whole thing is right, assuming you got the labels right I'm sure you got 2-3/4

you definitely won't get 0/10 for a mistake, they dont judge on errors, they judge on whats there.
    Thanks that takes some stress off lol and i shifted demand inwards which is good. I got confused because the question was asking about consumption and i ended up shifting the demand curve inwards but hope it don't effect my grade to much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.