Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamie5s)
    No, equity is a measure of fairness, so it can't be tested against facts. EQUALITY can be tested against facts.
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people I asked put B

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't mean it's right ...

It's only 1 mark anyway so not a big deal overall.

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't mean it's right ...

It's only 1 mark anyway so not a big deal overall.
    Yeah that's true, but the multiple choice was a lot harder then the (few) specimen papers they put up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varun127)
    Yeah that's true, but the multiple choice was a lot harder then the (few) specimen papers they put up
    Definitely. I thought this was harder than any of the specimen papers or than the old style papers. You know how there were always two obviously wrong answers and then you had to choose between two nearly right answers? Well I thought it was really hard to find the right answer from the remaining two!

Maybe the grade boundaries will be lower.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. I thought this was harder than any of the specimen papers or than the old style papers. You know how there were always two obviously wrong answers and then you had to choose between two nearly right answers? Well I thought it was really hard to find the right answer from the remaining two!

Maybe the grade boundaries will be lower.
    Exactly, but doesnt the final ums have to be 80 percent, or can that be lower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varun127)
    Exactly, but doesnt the final ums have to be 80 percent, or can that be lower?
    So the UMS is based on how "hard" the paper is, which is why a different score each year can give the same UMS. But the UMS value for each grade is the same, so 80 UMS is an A, 70 is a B. I think!

ReputationRep:
    So the UMS is based on how "hard" the paper is, which is why a different score each year can give the same UMS. But the UMS value for each grade is the same, so 80 UMS is an A, 70 is a B. I think!
    What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right that sort of makes sense :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be?
    I wish I knew!!!

ReputationRep:
    the grade boundaries will not be very low. the paper wasnt as hard as the 2015 one last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    the grade boundaries will not be very low. the paper wasnt as hard as the 2015 one last year.
    This is the first paper sat, boundaries will be completed usually by the end of July and publish by August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    This is the first paper sat, boundaries will be completed usually by the end of July and publish by August.
    ``how many marks out of 70 would you predict for an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    ``how many marks out of 70 would you predict for an A?
    I honestly don't know. I wouldn't worry now, there is nothing you can do about it. Revision for macro should be the priority.

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for macro?
    also do you think they will make macro slightly easier due to micro supposedly being slightly more challenging?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamcat)
    any predictions for macro?
    also do you think they will make macro slightly easier due to micro supposedly being slightly more challenging?
    One paper has nothing to do with the other. You shouldn't rely on predictions, just revise and make sure your exam technique for answering long answer questions is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaWoodley)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post64565151

Started the thread here^
    Thanks!
    are you doing economics b?

ReputationRep:
    No, equity is a measure of fairness, so it can't be tested against facts. EQUALITY can be tested against facts.
    I put that as well. At first I put it was a positive statement. Then I thought that it cant really be tested and its a matter of opinion so I put the other one. Which one do you think is right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    One paper has nothing to do with the other. You shouldn't rely on predictions, just revise and make sure your exam technique for answering long answer questions is good.
    chill, i was only wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    I put that as well. At first I put it was a positive statement. Then I thought that it cant really be tested and its a matter of opinion so I put the other one. Which one do you think is right?
    the correct answer was that in involves a value judgement. Equal- positive, equitable- normative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamcat)
    chill, i was only wondering
    I am chill and relax. Take it as advice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 4, 2017

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.