Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on how to get motivated with uni work? I hate my course - no fault of my own for choosing Tourism Management. So close to the end of the degree, but can't seem to focus. Any one have any tips/ideas?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Alouisek)
    Any thoughts on how to get motivated with uni work? I hate my course - no fault of my own for choosing Tourism Management. So close to the end of the degree, but can't seem to focus. Any one have any tips/ideas?
    Sooner you get it done, sooner you will never have to open a tourism book again. You don't want to be doing resits when you hate the subject

ReputationRep:

Ok its quite hard, theres tons of steps involved are you sure you're ready?

OK

Step 1=Log off tsr and switch off all distractions/electronics etc, tidy your desk and make an achievable list of what you want to do in nice 30mins blocks

Step 2=Oh look at that

For REAL THO

1) Cut off distractions, not knowin the latest vid realesed on Ytube WONT KILL YOU, not seeing the latest profile pic on fb WONT SUFFOCATE YOU and missing the latest Twitter trends WONT DECREASE YOUR LIFE EXPECTANCY BY 5 years!

2) MANAGEABLE chunks, go for 30 min sessions maybe and break for 5-10

3) ORGANISED notes with clear checklists- I find it good to print off the specification so I know EXACTLY what I need to cover

4) PLAN the rest of your days, a timetable does wonders if its REALISTIC

4.5) Past Papers, many dont want to hear this but it helps the most for a lot of people. You need to be able to APPLY KNOWLEDGE and questions are often recycled every 3-5 years as the exam writers need to take a break every so often also check up on the grade boundaries, sometimes its wayyy lower than you think! XD

5) Make sure you dont OVERDO it, you still need breaks, we're all only human and BURNING out is dangerous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Use Err Name)
    Sooner you get it done, sooner you will never have to open a tourism book again. You don't want to be doing resits when you hate the subject
    Thank you - that is very true!

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.