Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Evaluate the extent to which it might be possible to explain behaviour in terms of nature and nurture

Please help!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaLC4)
    Evaluate the extent to which it might be possible to explain behaviour in terms of nature and nurture

Please help!!!!!
    ok let me explain i have been on the access course from hell. i had 4 weeks to complete 17 assignments, i already had 4 on the go, then omg!!! Theyve forgot to do the transitions unit in psychology, so lets squash that into the last two weeks of this course, as well as doing concepts of abnormailty. I was on an 18 mth course, we did 1 unit of psychology last year. we did concepts of normality/ abnormality, early development this year and nature nurture should have got covered last year but our 3rd psychology tutor (which was a student) left before the year ended hence n/n and gender and intelligence didn't get taught to us.
    I made an official complaint and managed to get a 4 week extension, we were then given a further few more assignments to finish the units resulting in me completing 17 assignments in the 4 week extension obviously I had already made a start on the assignments. But, that was through physical exhaustion, and the Dr writing me a sick note to give me extra time, as i had paid over £3,000.00, for this god damn course, and i was not going to fall at the first hurdle.

Oh yeah did I mention the 7 assignments included in those 17 that the college lost and we had to re write them
    but by the time i had got to the last one my brain wasnt thinking anymore, hence asking the above question.
    By the way, that wasn't just one subject. let me just say that all subjects were the same, work being handed in and lost, very gutting I thought I would never get through this.
    But I had to work from dropping my children off at school, work in the library, picking them up at 3pm take two hours out for teas and homework and bath times, and work till about 3am, for 2 week solid.
    I also take Concerta for Adult ADD.
    Now do you understand why I was asking for help on nature-nurture????? I know its the most, simplest question in the world it obvious to people not even studying the subject what it is. But at that point, my brain, unfortunately, had burnt out and i was on my last assignment, with about 12 hours to go. I have my place at university waiting for me to complete this course. I could not quit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaLC4)
    Ok let me explain I have been on the access course from hell. I had 4 weeks to complete 17 assignments, I already had 4 on the go, then omg!!! They forgot to do the transitions Unit in Psychology, so let's squash that into the last two weeks of this course, as well as doing concepts of abnormality.

I was on an 18 mth course, we did 1 unit of psychology last year, we did Concepts of normality/ abnormality, early development and transitions this year. Nature-nurture should have got covered last year but our 3rd psychology tutor of that year (which was a student tutor) left before the year ended hence nature-nurture and gender and intelligence didn't get taught to us in June of last year.

Obviously, I had already made a start on the assignments. I suffered from physical exhaustion and went to the Drs in January, crying my eyes out, full of flu, asking him can he please give me something to take away the symptoms, so that I can carry on working as I could not afford any time off. I have 2 weeks left on this horrible course.
    The Dr wrote me a sick note asking for more time to complete these assignments.

We only had from September last year to end, of Feb this year to squash all those 5 units.

I ended up making an official complaint and managed to get a 4-week extension along with the Drs note. We then were given a further 4-week extension.
    With a further 2 assignments per subject, resulting in me completing 17 assignments within the 4 week extension.

Oh yeah and not forgetting the maths that we only got 2 lessons for, because they forgot to include that and only realised within the last 4 weeks that they had not done maths. Hence, getting 2 lessons, one lesson per maths paper to complete.

I had paid over £3,000.00, for this god damn course, and I was not going to fall at the first hurdle.

Oh yeah, did I mention 7 assignments included in those 17, the college had lost them and we had to re-write them all???

But by the time, I had got to the last one my brain wasn't thinking anymore, hence asking the above question.

By the way, that wasn't just one subject. let me just say that all subjects were the same, work being handed in and lost, very gutting I thought I would never get through this.

But I had to work from dropping my children off at school, work in the library, picking them up at 3pm take two hours out for teas and homework and bath times, and work till about 3am, for 2 week solid.
    I also take Concerta for Adult ADD.

Now do you understand why I was asking for help on nature-nurture????? I know it's the most, simplest question in the world it obvious to people not even studying the subject what it is. But at that point, my brain, unfortunately, had burnt out and I was on my last assignment, with about 12 hours to go. I have my place at university waiting for me to complete this course. I could not quit.
    Plus might i hastingly add, we did complain to head of access which got changed around 4 times from the sept to dec when we first started.
    Plus, each assignment we did after the Xmas we did not get feedback from because they didn't get marked because they lost them, but would admit it until Jan/Feb of this year when we were leaving.

Yes we mythered the life out of the tutors we did see, and that's if they showed up to our lessons!!!!!!

How the hell do we get out money back??????? haha got to laugh though!!!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.