Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    This makes no sense, multiculturalism is, by definition, a combination of different cultures, and I see nothing wrong with that. Diversity and multiculturalism gives us perspective on the world, which means that we can use other cultures to our advantage. If cultures never integrated, we would not have half of the things that we own today.
    No, multiculturalism has failed dismally. It is nothing-culturalism. It means that nobody is taught to believe in anything fundamentally. Everything just competes in a swirling mess where nothing is said to be right or wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    There is loads of fgm in the uk, and if your community is willing to pay the price of NOT doing the right thing then fair enough enjoy your future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We'll take whatever comes our way (nothing of any real consequence) by doing the right thing and standing with our children and not having them be afraid to express devotion and love towards their religion.

Yeah there's also loads of pigeons in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeologyMaths)
    In an ideal world, you'd want the perfect community, involving the absence of any negativity.
    This thread is getting ridiculous. There are too many variants in human nature to use any blame. Bring it down to the majors in quantum mechanics at it's simplest level - electron, proton, neutron = negative, positive neutral. Basic - people are just that - negative, draining, antagonistic or nice, likeable and kind, or neutral and stand offish or meek.

And then string theory, quarks, Higgs Boson - you will have dilemnas, ironically also debateable by spelling!

It's not about Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas7861)
    Sick of seeing everybody targeting muslims? Do you stereotype all white people for the acts of a few? Such as the many wars caused my old white men, I dont think so. The acts of them muslims was disgusting. I think people are very quick to speak , the UK literally couldnt run a week without immgirants. If your family ever becomes ill , I hope you show your true emotions and reject the treatment from an immigrant doctor which is saving there lives, you wouldn't , you like to pick and choose when you hate immigrants. Refugee's are humans also, think if your family ran away from DEATH but greeted by a bunch of racist people. Love everyone!
    I understand what you are saying but you can not say "kick all Muslims out of UK", because it not all of their fault for that has been happing, you can not blame all Muslims for the act of other. In the UK they are many of Muslims who are not happy of what other Muslims have done but they try to help as mush as they can, and for what you have said I agree with you for some of the things that you have said and it is stereotyping everyone. You should love everyone because each of them are good in some way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Sure, this proves his support for suicide bombings.
    your soo stupid he supports it for the right reason for self defense if u was to be unerattack and u knew how to fight would u protect urself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honey55497)
    your soo stupid he supports it for the right reason for self defense if u was to be unerattack and u knew how to fight would u protect urself
    You're*, under attack*.

Firstly, the quran even qualifies blasphemy as an attack.

Secondly, even if you were correct which you aren't. A large proportion of people listening to him are going to be the uneducated or poorly so with IQs less than 80. Making even the discussion of suicide bomb justification a very unwise thing to do. Unless of course you wanted people to do it.
    Same reason we don't want kids watching overly-violent movies. They may not necessarily incite or encourage violence for their viewers but that doesn't mean violence won't happen as a result of them watching it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    I don't see any harm whatsoever that the immigration back in the 20th century has caused. It's made the UK the multicultural, diverse place that it is today. And plenty of people 'wanted' it.
    It is destroying one of the great cultures in world history and replacing it with a miasma of cultural nothingness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinann)
    "The growth of Islam from 2010 to 2020 has been estimated at 1.70%[5] due to high birthrates in Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. According to the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, the World Christian Database as of 2007 has Islam as the fastest-growing religion in the world.[78] "

Mind you, you were the one who provided the article that disproves claims that you made.

You are a walking contradiction.

Kinda like the prophet you venerate.
    I have no idea why population growth is encouraged, But a child without love and respect is a sad, sorry state. Lots of man made religions preach. But this is selfish anarchy. Do not use this as an excuse for atrocity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Min7)
    I have no idea why population growth is encouraged.
    Just as a suggestion, it has to do with an outdated mindset, perhaps from the Bronze Age or similar, where the respective churches would encourage high birthrates, I'm guessing due to a higher mortality rate, and also I understand perhaps encouraging people to keep trying until they had sons, which could maybe be tied into an archaic view of women.

Another reason could be the frowning upon of contraception and abortion.

Not saying they are definitely the reasons, but they strike me as possible candidates. Not just in Islam.

The problem is, generally, that I think science has advanced at such a fast rate, that the human mindset has had trouble adjusting. A lot of us still retain superstition and a rather "Bronze Age" mindset, if you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sequin Rugby)
    No, multiculturalism has failed dismally. It is nothing-culturalism. It means that nobody is taught to believe in anything fundamentally. Everything just competes in a swirling mess where nothing is said to be right or wrong.
    Belief in science might be a start

It's a shame really. In the UK, for example, the Jamaican communities which first appeared in the fifties seem to have integrated very well. British and Jamaican culture seem to have fused quite successfully (in general). The problem nowadays is it's too fast. Multiculturalism must be undertaken at a slower rate IMHO to allow people to become used to it. Not just dumping loads of people from a completely different culture in one place and hoping for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    F*** IT. Were all human. LET PEOPLE BE. If muslims aren't harming you, harassing you,then let them be. If people want to abide to "so-called" regulations which deprive them of their freedom let them aslong as other citizens are not involved!
    Shut up.

Stupid Fu*k

ReputationRep:
    Am I mean to be offended or diminished by that, f***ing pussyole.

"pussyhole"

Another one of these moronic millennials that have zero knowledge about banking, religion, politics or the stock market and are gonna spend their 20's and 30's finding a way to pay for their mortgage while switching between crappy job.

(Original post by Two R's)
    "pussyhole"

Another one of these moronic millennials that have zero knowledge about banking, religion, politics or the stock market and are gonna spend their 20's and 30's finding a way to pay for their mortgage while switching between crappy job.
    "crappy" - strong colloquial language
    that are going* jobs*

Living in their 20's and 30's on tsr, pondering upon why they never completed their degree and why their parents don't love them. Job on, moronic *******.

ReputationRep:
    "crappy" - strong colloquial language
    that are going* jobs*

Living in their 20's and 30's on tsr, pondering upon why they never completed their degree and why their parents don't love them. Job on, moronic *******.

I'm not in my 20's or 30's you mentally exiguous pion.

I'm just relatively assessing your stupidity and your equivocations aren't going to help the fact that you're stupidity is as conspicuous as your deplorable and abhorrent sentence structure

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ loved all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SsJalil)
    I am a Muslim who was born in England over 20 years ago. When growing up I had a make up of friends from every culture and religion. My parents are religious (as in pray, fast and respect others). My father has often given my siblings and I lectures on respecting others and helping our neighbours.

Since 7/7 our lives have changed because of some ignorant barbaric terrorist who follow Wahhabis- which in it self is the most superficial and racially subjecting form of Islam.

When I heard about Brussels I cried for the innocent lives lost. The problems lays in the certain parts of Muslim population here in London who assimilate with ideologies of religious extremists. Certain places in Stepney Green/ Whitechapel have Muslims who agree with the threats we are receiving in western society.

I work for the government and would give my life up in a Heartbeat to help save my country.

I don't want to leave this country but the hostility in London is getting to much. On the train on Wednesday I was racially abused by a African- American man. On my way home I was pushed on to the floor by another man.

The problem with the migration crisis is that the EU had hoped that educated individuals such as doctors, lawyers and other professionals would come to Europe. However the majority of these people have either been killed or are fighting to get their country back. Instead a lot of arrogant men who have left behind their families have come to Europe and along the way trained Isis individuals have come though too. Middle eastern Muslims are very different from European Muslims they believe in male hierarchy.

This country is my life, my history, my future and not some terrorists or back minded people will ever get rid of me.
    that was beautiful, although i havent had the same experience as ive never been physically abused, but my rs teacher has verbally abused me, he keeps picking on me in class and im like MATE stoppp

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.