Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    1) Unity may be predicated on fraternity, and love to an extent, but not loving everyone (unconditionally)

2) You appear to be citing a single subjective testimony

3) "Undermine goals", sure, but that's a very different proposition to completely defeating a well established terror state

4) If you still, truly believe that unity exists between Muslims and Western society then I invite you to (re)visit my related coverage of this topic:
    Unity does exist between Islam and the west, to deny that it exists is absurd. There are millions of Muslims living in western communities who are residing peacefully.

It's a shame you let the actions of terrorists represent those of the whole of Islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    Unity does exist between Islam and the west, to deny that it exists is absurd. There are millions of Muslims living in western communities who are residing peacefully.

It's a shame you let the actions of terrorists represent those of the whole of Islam
    It's a shame the communities of these Muslims who don't pick up weapons don't ALL shop members of their communities that they suspect could be up to no good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry guys, im leaving this country in the next couple of years, great country but not what it once was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EccentricDiamond)
    Whatever British culture is it is clearly better than Arab and Asian cultures as so many Arabs and Asians are desperate to live in Britain and the west.
    Doesn't necessarily follow in my mind. It's possible to have a great culture, but be so oppressed or threatened by your authorities that you become desperate to move somewhere else for safety. Assuming they move here because they think our culture is better is potential false cause. Not saying you're wrong per se, but you aren't necessarily correct either.

Whether you count the oppression as part of your "culture" is a debatable philosophical point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IESY)
    Don't worry guys, im leaving this country in the next couple of years, great country but not what it once was.
    What was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    It's a shame the communities of these Muslims who don't pick up weapons don't ALL shop members of their communities that they suspect could be up to no good.
    Apologies for triple posting, but I suspect there's quite an acute element of fear going on here.

You could charicature the Muslim community as being split into two parts - a few psychopathic warlords/extremists/terrorists, and a majority of very scared people afraid to speak out through fear of death/torture.

That's my suspicion as to why they don't speak up. Same as why certain fringe members of the Nazi party didn't speak up.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame the communities of these Muslims who don't pick up weapons don't ALL shop members of their communities that they suspect could be up to no good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're making the assumption that it is easy to spot radicalisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    What was it?
    I dont know, my family have been here for generations since our native country was a British colony but there is something about here which has been bugging me recently and i no longer feel as comfortable here as i or my parents or grandparents used to feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IESY)
    I dont know, my family have been here for generations since our native country was a British colony but there is something about here which has been bugging me recently and i no longer feel as comfortable here as i or my parents or grandparents used to feel.
    People have said this in previous decades in the 20th century with Jamaican migration and Pakistani migration, to name but a couple.

It's a by-product of international travel.

ReputationRep:
    You're making the assumption that it is easy to spot radicalisation.
    They have eyes and ears

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    Apologies for triple posting, but I suspect there's quite an acute element of fear going on here.

You could charicature the Muslim community as being split into two parts - a few psychopathic warlords/extremists/terrorists, and a majority of very scared people afraid to speak out through fear of death/torture.

That's my suspicion as to why they don't speak up. Same as why certain fringe members of the Nazi party didn't speak up.
    We are talking about British Muslims here they aren't under mass threat of torture and death

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas7861)
    Sick of seeing everybody targeting muslims? Do you stereotype all white people for the acts of a few? Such as the many wars caused my old white men, I dont think so. The acts of them muslims was disgusting. I think people are very quick to speak , the UK literally couldnt run a week without immgirants. If your family ever becomes ill , I hope you show your true emotions and reject the treatment from an immigrant doctor which is saving there lives, you wouldn't , you like to pick and choose when you hate immigrants. Refugee's are humans also, think if your family ran away from DEATH but greeted by a bunch of racist people. Love everyone!

As a muslim, I thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    Then we should kick you out too.
    I'm just sharing my comments & criticisms. I'm not hating, i'm infact trying to help muslims help themselves by them leaving the country.

ReputationRep:
    Unity does exist between Islam and the west, to deny that it exists is absurd
    There are many individual Muslims who are united with us e.g. in their opposition to radical groups like ISIS, but one cannot reasonably describe the Muslim community and rest of society as being united, I'm afraid (see the various statistics noted at the links provided for reference)

There are millions of Muslims living in western communities who are residing peacefully
    Not committing terrorism =/= united with the population one could opt to terrorise, necessarily. It's often something of a marriage of convenience e.g. among Muslims (as opposed to 'moderates', who are, in fact, not regarded as Muslims in orthodox Islam/by 75% of Muslims)

Visit the links provided - terrorism is just the sharp edge of a much broader 'sword' that hangs over our heads

(Original post by IESY)
    there is something about here which has been bugging me recently and i no longer feel as comfortable here as i or my parents or grandparents used to feel
    The public mood is shifting. I feel sorry for immigrant peoples, like your family. The establishment brought them here without consulting the (somewhat intolerant/vulnerable to fear) people of these lands, sparked a new age of Islamist extremism, and further stirred things up with more overtly incendiary foreign policy decisions. Yet the order in which people suffer due to the inevitable consequential Clash of Civilisations is the reverse: 1) Muslims/ethnic minorities; 2) Settled population; 3) Establishment figures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeologyMaths)
    I'm just sharing my comments & criticisms. I'm not hating, i'm infact trying to help muslims help themselves by them leaving the country.
    This is the most deluded statement I've ever read.

ReputationRep:
    They have eyes and ears

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, because people wear a a t-shirt that says 'arrest me' and shout 'I am a terrorist' every 2 seconds. Right.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, it's just zionist and western intelligence trying to push the agenda/hatred on Muslims. It seems to be working since Media is so powerful.
    (that's if you're into conspiracies)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeologyMaths)
    Where should they all go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    This is the most deluded statement I've ever read.
    I'm merely sharing my comments and criticisms (before TSR deletes my posts, freedom of speach)

ReputationRep:
    if the UK decided to kick all muslims out of the uk there would be no cultures or events or even any asian businesses because there are no "muslims"
    and also it will be considered as a racist county and economy will be really down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.