This discussion is closed.
IESY
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't worry guys, im leaving this country in the next couple of years, great country but not what it once was.
frankieboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EccentricDiamond)
Whatever British culture is it is clearly better than Arab and Asian cultures as so many Arabs and Asians are desperate to live in Britain and the west.
Doesn't necessarily follow in my mind. It's possible to have a great culture, but be so oppressed or threatened by your authorities that you become desperate to move somewhere else for safety. Assuming they move here because they think our culture is better is potential false cause. Not saying you're wrong per se, but you aren't necessarily correct either.

Whether you count the oppression as part of your "culture" is a debatable philosophical point.
frankieboy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IESY)
Don't worry guys, im leaving this country in the next couple of years, great country but not what it once was.
What was it?
frankieboy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paul514)
It's a shame the communities of these Muslims who don't pick up weapons don't ALL shop members of their communities that they suspect could be up to no good.
Apologies for triple posting, but I suspect there's quite an acute element of fear going on here.

You could charicature the Muslim community as being split into two parts - a few psychopathic warlords/extremists/terrorists, and a majority of very scared people afraid to speak out through fear of death/torture.

That's my suspicion as to why they don't speak up. Same as why certain fringe members of the Nazi party didn't speak up.
Frank Underwood
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a shame the communities of these Muslims who don't pick up weapons don't ALL shop members of their communities that they suspect could be up to no good

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're making the assumption that it is easy to spot radicalisation.
IESY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by frankieboy)
What was it?
I dont know, my family have been here for generations since our native country was a British colony but there is something about here which has been bugging me recently and i no longer feel as comfortable here as i or my parents or grandparents used to feel.
frankieboy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IESY)
I dont know, my family have been here for generations since our native country was a British colony but there is something about here which has been bugging me recently and i no longer feel as comfortable here as i or my parents or grandparents used to feel.
People have said this in previous decades in the 20th century with Jamaican migration and Pakistani migration, to name but a couple.

It's a by-product of international travel.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Frank Underwood)
You're making the assumption that it is easy to spot radicalisation.
They have eyes and ears

Posted from TSR Mobile
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by frankieboy)
Apologies for triple posting, but I suspect there's quite an acute element of fear going on here.

You could charicature the Muslim community as being split into two parts - a few psychopathic warlords/extremists/terrorists, and a majority of very scared people afraid to speak out through fear of death/torture.

That's my suspicion as to why they don't speak up. Same as why certain fringe members of the Nazi party didn't speak up.
We are talking about British Muslims here they aren't under mass threat of torture and death

Posted from TSR Mobile
lsadiaal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thomas7861)
Sick of seeing everybody targeting muslims? Do you stereotype all white people for the acts of a few? Such as the many wars caused my old white men, I dont think so. The acts of them muslims was disgusting. I think people are very quick to speak , the UK literally couldnt run a week without immgirants. If your family ever becomes ill , I hope you show your true emotions and reject the treatment from an immigrant doctor which is saving there lives, you wouldn't , you like to pick and choose when you hate immigrants. Refugee's are humans also, think if your family ran away from DEATH but greeted by a bunch of racist people. Love everyone!

As a muslim, I thank you.
GeologyMaths
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Craig1998)
Then we should kick you out too.
I'm just sharing my comments & criticisms. I'm not hating, i'm infact trying to help muslims help themselves by them leaving the country.
Craig1998
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GeologyMaths)
I'm just sharing my comments & criticisms. I'm not hating, i'm infact trying to help muslims help themselves by them leaving the country.
This is the most deluded statement I've ever read.
Legendary Quest
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They have eyes and ears

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, because people wear a a t-shirt that says 'arrest me' and shout 'I am a terrorist' every 2 seconds. Right.
oueoue
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
don't worry, it's just zionist and western intelligence trying to push the agenda/hatred on Muslims. It seems to be working since Media is so powerful.
(that's if you're into conspiracies)
Legendary Quest
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where should they all go?
GeologyMaths
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Craig1998)
This is the most deluded statement I've ever read.
I'm merely sharing my comments and criticisms (before TSR deletes my posts, freedom of speach)
mali786
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if the UK decided to kick all muslims out of the uk there would be no cultures or events or even any asian businesses because there are no "muslims"
and also it will be considered as a racist county and economy will be really down.
GeologyMaths
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Legendary Quest)
Where should they all go?
In an ideal world, you'd want the perfect community, involving the absence of any negativity.
heineken
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Karaleigh19)
Well said.
Grammar was rather atrocious actually darling.
Legendary Quest
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In an ideal world, you'd want the perfect community, involving the absence of any negativity.
You didn't answer the question. Where should they all go?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.89%
Virtual campus tours/open days (112)
23.28%
Live streaming events (44)
9.15%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.66%
An in-person event when available (108)
22.45%