The Student Room Group

Official AQA AS Level New Spec Psychology: Paper 1 - 16th of May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asharma10
ok i dont understand why ppl are revising so many unnecessary case studies, if u look at attachment the only case studies mentioned on the specification are lorenz harlow and bowlby ??

You definitely 100% needs ainsworth strange situation... Idk, I'm just learning all the ones that come up in the CGP guide mainly
ok i dont understand why ppl are revising so many unnecessary case studies, if u look at attachment the only case studies mentioned on the specification are lorenz harlow and bowlby ??

But sometimes you might have to mention others as evaluation points.
Original post by isabella1999
You definitely 100% needs ainsworth strange situation... Idk, I'm just learning all the ones that come up in the CGP guide mainly

Schaffer and Emerson too!
is anyone else finding the specimen papers hard? :frown:
Reply 24
Attachment is definitely my worst subject for paper one! Glad to hear other people don't like it either:cute:
Original post by Synonym
ah i havent even started revising for attachment :/

Me neither, I'm still trying to remember my memory and social influence studies 😕😕
Just realised how much content we actually have to know... Currently shitting myself 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by skittles17
Just realised how much content we actually have to know... Currently shitting myself 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not alone (((:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think just for evaluation points and counter/supporting studies for the 12 markers
Reply 29
Does anyone know what topics will be in Paper 1?

And also, how many evaluation points do you need in 12 mark questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ademjh
Does anyone know what topics will be in Paper 1?

And also, how many evaluation points do you need in 12 mark questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In paper one there are 3 topics you will be tested on:

1. Social Influence
2. Memory
3. Attachment
*They will also test your knowledge on research methods!

In 12 mark questions- if they are phrased "Describe and Discuss" you need to gain 6 marks on description (AO1) and 6 marks on discussion, i.e. evaluation points (AO3).

In 8 mark questions, it is the same but just split up into 4 describe marks and 4 evaluate marks.

NB: If they are phrased as "discuss" only then describe a little, but don't waste too much time on description- they want to hear you evaluate the theories/studies/whatever-it-is-they-want-you-to-evaluate.

Hope this helps! :u:
Reply 31
Has anyone made any predictions for paper 1, even though it's quite hard to as its a new specification :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IRoranth
In paper one there are 3 topics you will be tested on:

1. Social Influence
2. Memory
3. Attachment
*They will also test your knowledge on research methods!

In 12 mark questions- if they are phrased "Describe and Discuss" you need to gain 6 marks on description (AO1) and 6 marks on discussion, i.e. evaluation points (AO3).

In 8 mark questions, it is the same but just split up into 4 describe marks and 4 evaluate marks.

NB: If they are phrased as "discuss" only then describe a little, but don't waste too much time on description- they want to hear you evaluate the theories/studies/whatever-it-is-they-want-you-to-evaluate.

Hope this helps! :u:

I find how they mark Psychology to be a bit vague because my teacher says that it doesn't matter how many points you have because that doesn't necessarily equate the number of marks you have, e.g. if I write down 6 points that's not going to be 6 marks...

How do I know how much a mark really is??
Original post by amelienine
I find how they mark Psychology to be a bit vague because my teacher says that it doesn't matter how many points you have because that doesn't necessarily equate the number of marks you have, e.g. if I write down 6 points that's not going to be 6 marks...

My teacher said for each mark in the evaluation you make a point, then explain your point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Attachment is my worst and I'm so scared 😕 The amount of evaluation studies are ridiculous for all the topics and so hard to remember
Original post by isabella1999

i think these are the main case studies we must know:
Harlow
Lorenz
bowlby
ainsworth
schaffer and emerson
Reply 36
i think these are the main case studies we must know:
Harlow
Lorenz
bowlby
ainsworth
schaffer and emerson

what about rutters study? :confused:
what predictions do you guys have for the attachment section ?
A lot of confusion in here

I've attached a checklist for everything you need to know in all topics. The Red/bolded are the studied you NEED to know fully.

There's also a powerpoint on how to answer essay questions and how to use a mark scheme.
Original post by amelienine

6 marks on evaluation doesn't necessarily mean you have to make 6 evaluation points- maybe you could just make three evaluation points and expand on these points. Hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending