Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AQA AS Level New Spec Psychology: Paper 2 - 23rd of May watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    Ah okay thank you, I might buy the Unit 2 one then Do they include example essays that got high marks?
    A note on the Loop Guides - They require that you already have an understanding of the topic. His technique for getting higher marks is by creating acronyms, and remembering strings of letters to trigger long responses in the exam. They take time to learn.

Buying a guide this close to the exam wouldn't be beneficial. He also includes a lot of studies that you may not have been taught as his supporting research.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kefte)
    I've found Graveney Psychology a useful Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv...bXuxAh1BjbNL7w
    This is so good, thank you so much!

(Original post by m_wharrier)
    It will most likely be a cognitive approach 8/12 marker then a biological approach to treating/explaining ocd, cognitive to explaining and treating depression has come up and they wouldn't put a biological approach with another biological approach question
    Oh yeah that's true, I thought the cognitive approach came up in one of the specimen papers though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    A note on the Loop Guides - They require that you already have an understanding of the topic. His technique for getting higher marks is by creating acronyms, and remembering strings of letters to trigger long responses in the exam. They take time to learn.

Buying a guide this close to the exam wouldn't be beneficial. He also includes a lot of studies that you may not have been taught as his supporting research.
    Ah okay thank you for advising me Yeah I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to buy it so close to the exam and £9 is fairly expensive considering it's an e-book and not a physical copy.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay thank you for advising me Yeah I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to buy it so close to the exam and £9 is fairly expensive considering it's an e-book and not a physical copy.
    Idk, 106 pages that he made before the new spec. went live as a hobby. haha, that sort of time needs paying.

ReputationRep:
    This is so good, thank you so much!

Oh yeah that's true, I thought the cognitive approach came up in one of the specimen papers though?
    No it was social learning theory twice then behaviourism in the third set, cognitive yet to come up but has come up as 2 12 markers in relation to depression

ReputationRep:
    No it was social learning theory twice then behaviourism in the third set, cognitive yet to come up but has come up as 2 12 markers in relation to depression
    Ah okay thank you, ugh that's so annoying I hate the cognitive approach!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guyss, i have just started a whatsapp study group for AQA psychology where we can share out notes and revision posters etc. If you would like to join, then just message or pm your number and i will add u today. Im in first year and hoping to carry onto A2 in September. Xx

ReputationRep:
    It will most likely be a cognitive approach 8/12 marker then a biological approach to treating/explaining ocd, cognitive to explaining and treating depression has come up and they wouldn't put a biological approach with another biological approach question
    Wait I'm confused...cognitive approach in general? Like what it is and evaluate it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1234567)
    Wait I'm confused...cognitive approach in general? Like what it is and evaluate it?
    Yeah outline and evaluate

ReputationRep:
    Will the 12 markers usually be an approach to explaining a disorder?

ReputationRep:
    do you need to know about the emergence of cognitive neuroscience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunhan)
    do you need to know about the emergence of cognitive neuroscience?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    If you are taking Paper 2 on Monday, I highly recommend you watch these three superb revision webinar recordings which demonstrate how to approach likely questions on Monday and also explain simply hard-to-understand concepts such as the Sign Test.

Paper 2 Key Revision Videos

Jim

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for what might come up ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Amy24-)
    any predictions for what might come up ?
    The 12 markers are likely to be on the cognitive approach and the biological approach to treating/explaining OCD, also expect a question on the economy in research methods and lots of evaluation in section a and b, as there wasn't much in unit 1, so I would expect evaluation of definitions of abnormality or some of the approaches

ReputationRep:
    The 12 markers are likely to be on the cognitive approach and the biological approach to treating/explaining OCD, also expect a question on the economy in research methods and lots of evaluation in section a and b, as there wasn't much in unit 1, so I would expect evaluation of definitions of abnormality or some of the approaches
    This was useful, thank you. Anything else for research methods??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1234567)
    This was useful, thank you. Anything else for research methods??
    Hard to predict research methods but maybe something to do with graphs or type of observations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim Riley)
    If you are taking Paper 2 on Monday, I highly recommend you watch these three superb revision webinar recordings which demonstrate how to approach likely questions on Monday and also explain simply hard-to-understand concepts such as the Sign Test.

Paper 2 Key Revision Videos

Jim
    any model answers to the biological approach

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify:

The behavioural approach explaining phobias: classical/operant coniditoning
    The behavioural approach to treating phobias: systematic desensitisation/ flooding

The cognitive approach explaining depression: becks triad/ellis ABC
    The cognitive approach to treating depression: CBT

The biological approach to explaining OCD: the genetic/neural explanation eg: serotonin, dopamine, COMT, orbital frontal cortex
    The biological approach to treating OCD: drug therapy: BZs and SSRI's

Correct? ^

ReputationRep:
    Hard to predict research methods but maybe something to do with graphs or type of observations
    Thank you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.