Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Without going into too much details, I've known him for 4 years now. We first met at uni, whilst at uni we set up a creative/arts project together and things were just based around business talk and activity, he's a super alpha male, incredibly confident and not really one for being emotional.

Except, the past couple months. He firstly started expressing more of an interest by asking me about my personal life and how I was doing on a regular basis. Normally once business meetings (at my home) were done he'd go home... Now it's turned into hour long conversations about life and watching films/drinking and listening to music after the meetings.

On a few occasions we've got so drunk that he started being overly touchy - feeling my thigh and giving excessively long hugs. He never tried to make a move sexually though.

On a night out over the weekend, our mutual friends (who've known us both the past 4 years also and seen us together previously) commented to me how he looked like he was 'staring at me' the whole night and overly close compared to usual...Strangers at the pub were saying we made a 'lovely couple' and we hadn't even done anything remotely 'couply' other than sit and talk. And that night, I went back to his house as I'd left my suitcase there after a meeting earlier that day.

I slept round his house, I basically just collapsed cos I was wasted... but I didn't sleep WITH him. I woke up (fairly hungover to say the least) with him spooning me. We then didn't get out of bed till 5pm. Just lay there, talking, exchanging personal stories (he even told me what films make him cry which is so unlike him). He was being so affectionate. Stroking my hair, kissing me on the forehead, rubbing my stomach and thighs and so on... you get the picture. He kissed me on the lips at one point, I acted like it didn't happen and he quickly turned his head away. I've never felt so comfortable despite how much my head was telling me is so wrong because I work with this person very closely.

I'm wondering... does he have feelings for me? Or is this just a hungover man who's just trying his luck at getting some 'action' ? Or is this just what best male friends think is normal and ok?

ReputationRep:
    Love is a striong word to throw around but it sounds like he is interested in you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danalwill)
    Love is a striong word to throw around but it sounds like he is interested in you

:holmes:

(Original post by stefano865)
    :holmes:
    Any doubts, expert?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't read but I'm going to say no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Any doubts, expert?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Having weighed up all the evidence, I conclude that he does indeed love her.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him?

ReputationRep:
    I think he likes you from what I read.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I used love too casually then. I'm actually just more interested in whether he has feelings for me or just wanted to sleep with me but didn't have the balls to initiate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    Ask him?
    I did think about this, but it'd be so awkward if he said he doesn't?...

ReputationRep:
    well from what I've read he at least seems interested in you as more than a friend. I don't think he just wants to sleep with you, because why would he wait after four years to start making a move? I guess his feelings for you just got stronger over the years.

ReputationRep:
    How dull can you be?

If this guy was giving any more signals he'd be sat next to a fecking train track.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.