Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been to some Pharmacy schools where I was given a tour and sample lectures and so on. I got the impression that the course is very very intense and challenging, covering many different modules across all the sciences i.e Bio, Chem and even physics which I don't particularly like. I have previously applied for Medicine but unfortunately didn't get through after the interview stage I then decided to go for Pharmacy but I feel like this degree doesn't click with me. Any advice? Should I go for it?

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I ended up doing Accounting and Finance.

ReputationRep:
    Oh really, nice to know I'm not the only one 😞 Where are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueangel328)
    I've been to some Pharmacy schools where I was given a tour and sample lectures and so on. I got the impression that the course is very very intense and challenging, covering many different modules across all the sciences i.e Bio, Chem and even physics which I don't particularly like. I have previously applied for Medicine but unfortunately didn't get through after the interview stage I then decided to go for Pharmacy but I feel like this degree doesn't click with me. Any advice? Should I go for it?
    I would say no. Are you applying this year? If so , I wouldn't recommend it as you have to consider that you'll would have to study it for 4 years, + 1 pre reg year + rest of your life. You obv don't want to waste money and time in something you don't like. I took a lot of time reading about pharmacy and doing work xp to made sure that I chose the right course. You may be against it but take a gap year and do work xp or get a part time job, volunteer.
    University shouldn't be taken lightly so please consider what you like.

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks for the advice! I've actually already applied but luckily I haven't gone for 5 pharmacy schools so I have the other option) (I applied for 2 courses). And I do have a part time job in a community pharmacy, it seems alright but also kinda boring.. :/ I just feel that the job is very repetitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueangel328)
    Aww thanks for the advice! I've actually already applied but luckily I haven't gone for 5 pharmacy schools so I have the other option) (I applied for 2 courses). And I do have a part time job in a community pharmacy, it seems alright but also kinda boring.. :/ I just feel that the job is very repetitive.
    Did you achieve good enough grades at the end to be considered for medicine? If so wasn't reapplying for medicine an option since it is what you wanted to do initially. I have a friend who failed at the interview stage the first time then reapplied & he'll be starting at Nottingham this September. I'll tell you now, pharmacy definitely isn't like medicine, they are completely two dissimilar fields.
    I know what you mean about community, I find it boring & repetitive as well (& I'm a pharmacy student).
    University is an expensive investment, if you feel pharmacy isn't for you, it won't be for you in 5 years time .

I hope everything work out for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, thanks for your response. Unfortunately, results day didn't go as planned :/ but following your responses I feel more assured that rejecting the pharmacy schools is the right thing to do in my case..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.