Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

is it okay to drink bathroom water watch

Announcements

water from the tap in the upstairs bathroom.

I am thirsty.
    Its half past midnight.
    I am too tired to go downstairs.

Will I be alright drinking from the bathroom tap?
    Alternatively, there is a glass of water which has been uncovered for at least 2 weeks on my bedside. Which of the two is safer to drink?

responses ASAP so I can drink & sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I drink from the bathroom tap every day

I mean, that could explain why this third eye is starting to grow, but I don't think it's bad for you...
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Alexion)

I mean, that could explain why this third eye is starting to grow, but I don't think it's bad for you...
    This got me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Water from the tap in the upstairs bathroom is probably better. Most likely neither one will kill you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for the tap if it were me

what the... eyes growing in wierd places seriously creeps me out
    pls don't say there is a risk of this or even some baby-eye-spud starting to grow :/

ReputationRep:
    not if the bathroom water comes from a tank, if straight from the pipe its ok

ReputationRep:
    my autistic brother always does it even though my dad tries to stop him and he hasn't died yet ... I mean he's pretty healthy :lol: so I'm sure its fine !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what the... eyes growing in wierd places seriously creeps me out
    pls don't say there is a risk of this or even some baby-eye-spud starting to grow :/
    Don't worry, mine's nice and symmetrically placed in the centre of my forehead :yep: so nothing to worry about...

(Original post by newblood)
    not if the bathroom water comes from a tank, if straight from the pipe its ok
    oh **** I don't know, I don't think that it does since we don't actually have a tank but sometimes hot water runs out ?!
    what will happen if it is from the tank?

ReputationRep:
    Mind you once your up and mobile you might as well go downstairs and get it from the kitchen

(Original post by curiousduck)
    my autistic brother always does it even though my dad tries to stop him and he hasn't died yet ... I mean he's pretty healthy :lol: so I'm sure its fine !!
    lmao

Don't worry, mine's nice and symmetrically placed in the centre of my forehead :yep: so nothing to worry about...
    what no please! Have some mercy.

So cruel.

(Original post by Thomb)
    Mind you once your up and mobile you might as well go downstairs and get it from the kitchen
    2 flights of stairs matey vs 2 metres to the bathroom.
    also it's warmer downstairs than it is upstairs, so upon my return I will get pissed off at the coldness & temp. change

ReputationRep:
    2 flights of stairs matey vs 2 metres to the bathroom.
    also it's warmer downstairs than it is upstairs, so upon my return I will get pissed off at the coldness & temp. change
    It'll do you good all that exercise

ReputationRep:
    water from the tap in the upstairs bathroom.

I am thirsty.
    Its half past midnight.
    I am too tired to go downstairs.

Will I be alright drinking from the bathroom tap?
    Alternatively, there is a glass of water which has been uncovered for at least 2 weeks on my bedside. Which of the two is safer to drink?

responses ASAP so I can drink & sleep.
    It largely depends on the condition of your water cistern. An uncovered and old tank in the loft would be pretty horrible to drink from (and could contain spider body parts and rust), whereas a modern sealed plastic tank wouldn't be so bad.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no it is full of deadly diseases

ReputationRep:
    oh **** I don't know, I don't think that it does since we don't actually have a tank but sometimes hot water runs out ?!
    what will happen if it is from the tank?
    things can get pretty nasty if its been left to stew in the tank, i wouldnt risk it personally gyal,,

(Original post by Thomb)
    It'll do you good all that exercise
    no thank you, typing these words on the laptop is enough excercise

(Original post by Good bloke)
    It largely depends on the condition of your water cistern. An uncovered and old tank in the loft would be pretty horrible to drink from (and could contain spider body parts and rust), whereas a modern sealed plastic tank wouldn't be so bad.
    OMFG

(Original post by newblood)
    things can get pretty nasty if its been left to stew in the tank, i wouldnt risk it personally gyal,,
    oh god, surely it would be noticeable in the water coming out of the tap if it was in this state.
    I don't think it is tank water since when I spend waaay too long in shower I can literally smell chlorine off my skin, it must be pipe right?

ReputationRep:
    Only in some countries. In Western Europe and North America you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    no thank you, typing these words on the laptop is enough excercise

OMFG

oh god, surely it would be noticeable in the water coming out of the tap if it was in this state.
    I don't think it is tank water since when I spend waaay too long in shower I can literally smell chlorine off my skin, it must be pipe right?
    will

not observable, only would you notice the effects when its consumed. If you swallow water in the shower and are still fine then its OK, otherwise..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.