?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
how do we write programs?
Async
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just Google your question, you'll find your answer there.
itian.kongu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did u choose any specific programming language????
Murtou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your question is vague and it would be great if you could expand on it. For now i will assume that you are wanting to get started with Java and don't know how.

1. Choose an IDE
An IDE (Integrated Development Environment) is the software that translates your code into machine code(1s and 0s). The type of translator you will need for Java development will be a compiler, from experience i would recommend downloading NetBeans as it is fairly simple to use. Eclipse is an alternative but more complex to set up.

2. Learn the IDE controls
To create a new project in NetBeans select File then New Project. It will generate a package (the container for all your project files) and a java class file with the same name as your project. To add classes, interfaces, enumerations and so on; go to File and select New File. If you need to know anything else then just write into google "How to X in NetBeans" where X is what you want to do.

3. Learning time
If you haven't got any experience in programming then starting out it is going to be rough. Start small and find plenty of examples; the best way to learn is by example. Otherwise you will find that Java has an equivalent of most predefined functions you will have worked with before and syntax will be the only thing holding you back. For either situation there are lots of tutorials online.

Happy coding!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (498)
59.71%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.16%
No- I want it (237)
28.42%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.71%

Watched Threads