Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can sleeping with someone who is married backfire on me? Watch

I am just looking for outside insight I guess. If there's anything I'm missing. I want no relationships with this guy and we always use protection. He says he's also super clean never had an std and doesn't sleep with anyone but me and his wife of course. I am a very careful person. And I don't have any feelings for him. I don't have any interest in having a relationship with anyone and I have a lot of sex with strings attached. I'm not ready or interested in anything serious. I also don't know his wife she doesn't know me or anyone I socialize with. And he loves her and all that. So I don't think their marriage will be ruined because I'm sleeping with him. It's just like an encounter of which I have with single girls so I don't see the difference here. I'm 19 and single btw. Advice?

ReputationRep:
    Why did you choose this married man to sleep with? I know you said that you don't have feelings for him and he is more at fault for cheating on his partner but do you really want to be complicit in this? Think about how you would feel if you were in his wife's shoes, you're being very selfish.

ReputationRep:
    I will not dignify this with a oh shoot I just did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    And he loves her and all that. So I don't think their marriage will be ruined because I'm sleeping with him
    i think your deluded, sorry.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    oh dear.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Is this realy or just a troll? OP relationships dont impact just you and the married man. how do you think the wife will feel, id shes fine, then go for the threesome otherwise stop messing up other peoples lives. Thats the bit you are missing, its not just about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am just looking for outside insight I guess. If there's anything I'm missing. I want no relationships with this guy and we always use protection. He says he's also super clean never had an std and doesn't sleep with anyone but me and his wife of course. I am a very careful person. And I don't have any feelings for him. I don't have any interest in having a relationship with anyone and I have a lot of sex with strings attached. I'm not ready or interested in anything serious. I also don't know his wife she doesn't know me or anyone I socialize with. And he loves her and all that. So I don't think their marriage will be ruined because I'm sleeping with him. It's just like an encounter of which I have with single girls so I don't see the difference here. I'm 19 and single btw. Advice?

Sure his wife will find it very comforting that he is 'only' sleeping with two people.

ReputationRep:
    Your relationship will undoubtedly cause trouble in his marriage, whether he loves his wife or not, as time having sex with you is time not having sex with his wife. He will be tired and less in the mood for sex and this will impact on his relationship with her.

You present yourself as uninterested in people then ask whether your conduct will ruin their marriage.

My advice, if everything is as you say, is that you should not sleep with people whom you don't like or care about. This applies across the board and is completely pan-gender. Sleeping with people you don't actually like is the fastest way to loneliness there is. You can get the sex, so you don't have to worry about that. I would concern yourself more with the fact that you give your body to someone who means nothing to you. I feel sure that you already know that this will only make you sad.

And I would get out of this relationship now.

ReputationRep:
    you are really selfish and have no morals shame on you

ReputationRep:
    And how do you know he's not sleeping with anyone else? He's lying to his wife so he's not exactly gonna be truthful with you either.

You're both disgusting by the way.

ReputationRep:
    So you know that he's cheating on his wife, but still think he'll be honest about who he's sleeping with?

ReputationRep:
    oh I get it now what went wrong for some reason I was listed as anonymous. All anonymous posts are not made visible or something because I just tried again to post and theymade my comment invisible. I thought that this thread didn't go through. Ialready made a thread on this so at this point I don't get why the mods reposted this.

(Original post by WBZ144)
    Why did you choose this married man to sleep with? I know you said that you don't have feelings for him and he is more at fault for cheating on his partner but do you really want to be complicit in this? Think about how you would feel if you were in his wife's shoes, you're being very selfish.
    I am a guy so I could never be his wife and I'd never want a husband I prefer women actually in situations like that.

It's a commitment he made. I wouldn't make it and didn't make it to her.

And the reason why when I first met him he struck me as someone I find attractive and I knew he would reciprocate so it was more like knowing a person for who they actually under the façade so to speak. It had nothing to do with him being married. I was actually surprised when I found that out because he seems more gay than anything and he's only 27 you'd think he'd wait to settle down. But people are indeed different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    well I'm a guy and I don't want a husband or wife for that matter but I normally prefer women so I'll never be in her shoes.

I have made no commitment to her so I don't feel I should look out for her.

And I pursued him because I felt for some ewason that he was my type and he's attractive and we're great on bed. I didn't know about his wife and it wasn't the reason I hook up with him it's irrelevant to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justacollegekid)
    well I'm a guy and I don't want a husband or wife for that matter but I normally prefer women so I'll never be in her shoes.

I have made no commitment to her so I don't feel I should look out for her.

And I pursued him because I felt for some ewason that he was my type and he's attractive and we're great on bed. I didn't know about his wife and it wasn't the reason I hook up with him it's irrelevant to me.
    No one's saying that you should "look out for her". All we're saying is that you should stop being so self-centred and have empathy for others. You don't have to imagine yourself as a woman with an unfaithful husband, just think about how you would feel if someone who you loved and trusted betrayed you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice__90)
    You're both disgusting by the way.
    Funny what we find repulsive in others isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    i think she will have other ideas, she will be devastated

ReputationRep:
    Obviously a troll

ReputationRep:
    Why would you believe that he doesn't have any STD's and is "super clean" when he lies to his wife lol

ReputationRep:
    This made me gag

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.