Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potatohamock27)
    What do we use as g?

I found a question where the markscheme says 9.81 but I thought we were to use 9.8 unless told otherwise?
    The value on the data and formulae sheet is 9.81, so I think you're supposed to use 9.81, unless told otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!)
    The value on the data and formulae sheet is 9.81, so I think you're supposed to use 9.81, unless told otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    fak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STRANGER2)
    I know a lot of people who found both sets of those specimen papers easy and when we did them in class I got 65 marks for paper 1 and 63 marks for paper 2. So I don't mind if they put out a paper of similar difficulty
    now that we've established you are a genius, would you consider doing an unofficial mark scheme?
    I know people who did okay on both papers but you have to admit they are harder than previous years... if you cant see that maybe your not as smart as u think lols

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I mistyped set 1 when its set 2!
    I just dont understand why that is the accelerating force. If anybody can explain itd be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know about alternating current?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imjustaloner)
    Do we need to know about alternating current?
    it is not on the spec anymore, it has been removed from ours

ReputationRep:
    I've had nightmares about this exam since I did the set 2 specimen papers for my mock

ReputationRep:
    ladies and gentlemen, we have a day until the exam, lets make it count

ReputationRep:
    Oscilloscopes... are we required to know how they work?

ReputationRep:
    hi, it's pretty ridiculous on 2.3 when you get a unit of (kgm^2s^-3) that you should know it's power in Watts. Sure, I got it with the help of google but there is 0 chance I'd get it in an exam. There is so many tricks in these papers that, for the first year, it's going to be hell. Let's pray for low grade boundaries! Sadly boys, we are Guinea pigs, good luck on Tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    hi, for question 3.2, why is the distance of the shelf not 0.5 m but in fact 0.25m?

QP: http://physicsloreto.weebly.com/uplo..._1_qp_v1.0.pdf
    MS: http://physicsloreto.weebly.com/uplo..._1_ms_v1.0.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theguywhosaidhi)
    hi, for question 3.2, why is the distance of the shelf not 0.5 m but in fact 0.25m?

QP: http://physicsloreto.weebly.com/uplo..._1_qp_v1.0.pdf
    MS: http://physicsloreto.weebly.com/uplo..._1_ms_v1.0.pdf
    The centre of mass of the shelf is at the middle of the shelf, and the middle of the shelf is 0.25m away from the hinge.

ReputationRep:
    Guys does anyone have a list of all the experiments you need to know for the new spec for AS physics (AQA)Thanks

ReputationRep:

https://gyazo.com/c889b24e50b4b7ae8a935770cd16d67d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theguywhosaidhi)
    hi, it's pretty ridiculous on 2.3 when you get a unit of (kgm^2s^-3) that you should know it's power in Watts. Sure, I got it with the help of google but there is 0 chance I'd get it in an exam. There is so many tricks in these papers that, for the first year, it's going to be hell. Let's pray for low grade boundaries! Sadly boys, we are Guinea pigs, good luck on Tuesday!
    You just need to know the SI units: m,kg,s,A,K. Once you know those you can work everything else out:

\text{Joules} = \frac{1}{2}mv^2 \rightarrow J = kg m^2 s^{-2}

\text{and\ Power} = \frac{\text{Energy}}{\text{Time}  } \rightarrow P = kg m^2 s^{-3}

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

hey guys are we really not assessed on anything about practicals in paper 1? as in, i don't need to know how to do the required practicals but i need to know just section 1? (but also is there any resource that simply describes all the practicals??)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    hey guys are we really not assessed on anything about practicals in paper 1? as in, i don't need to know how to do the required practicals but i need to know just section 1? (but also is there any resource that simply describes all the practicals??)
    You need to know the entire specification of content for the 1st exam tomorrow.

You don't need to know details of how to complete the required practicals, or the practical skills regarding uncertainty/calculations/errors until the other exam.

(Original post by ThalanirIII)
    You need to know the entire specification of content for the 1st exam tomorrow.

You don't need to know details of how to complete the required practicals, or the practical skills regarding uncertainty/calculations/errors until the other exam.
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Realforce)
    Oscilloscopes... are we required to know how they work?
    I dont remember seeing it on the spec but it's in the text book so i would learn it to be on the safe side... but remember it will be for waves not AC electricity.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.