Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkphobian)
    When to use Diffraction grating equation vs Fringe spacing equation?
    Use the diffraction grating equation when the question is using a diffraction grating and use the fringe spacing equation when the question is about double slit interference.

ReputationRep:
    Do we only have to know how to derive the diffraction grating equation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emprex)
    he is right! I will mess up tommorow. My confidence and morale has been lowered due to how hard edexcel c1 was!!!
    I know its going to be hard, but it will be even harder with the wrong mental attitude. You will do a lot better than you think if you just believe in yourself

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has a list of equations that we need to know for the exam tomorrow but are not on the formula sheet? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runningcat)
    I know its going to be hard, but it will be even harder with the wrong mental attitude. You will do a lot better than you think if you just believe in yourself
    very motivational!

ReputationRep:
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUU I wasted my time watching game of thrones and silicon valley -_-

ReputationRep:
    Are they going to be testing us on practicals tomorrow? E.g how to find the resistivity of a wire through doing a practical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile Generator)
    Are they going to be testing us on practicals tomorrow? E.g how to find the resistivity of a wire through doing a practical?
    Nope all the practicals will be tested in Paper 2. Tomorrow is just a knowledge based paper on how much you know physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwifruit99)
    Nope all the practicals will be tested in Paper 2. Tomorrow is just a knowledge based paper on how much you know physics
    Thank you!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I hate how they will be testing us on all topics for both papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emprex)
    very motivational!
    Just try your best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spidle)
    I hate how they will be testing us on all topics for both papers.
    Ikr

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think that line spectra as evidence for transitions between discrete energy levels in atoms will come up tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh **** i know nothing at all

ReputationRep:
    #STILLREVISING Argh why do they have to test us on all the topics. My weakest is mechanics I need more time

ReputationRep:
    In the specimen papers the question had awkward units.

Kilo - x10^3
    Nano- x10^9

What others do we need to know? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinna21)
    #STILLREVISING Argh why do they have to test us on all the topics. My weakest is mechanics I need more time
    Same :/ I think Im gonna stay up till 3

ReputationRep:
    HEY does anyone know like a list of formulas of all that we need to remember and will not be on our data sheet? I have no clue which ones I need to know off by heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLongGame)
    In the specimen papers the question had awkward units.

Kilo - x10^3
    Nano- x10^9

What others do we need to know? thanks
    Tera - x10^12
    Giga - x10^9
    Mega - x10^6
    Kilo - x10^3
    Centi - x10^-2
    Milli - x10^-3
    Micro - x10^-6
    Nano - x10^-9
    Pico - x10^-12
    Femto - x10^-15

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucky987)
    Same :/ I think Im gonna stay up till 3
    It would honestly be better to sleep earlier and then wake up early to revise so the knowledge is fresher in your mind and drink a cold glass of water (or milk preferably) while revising to keep you in the mood

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.